Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Policies & Practices > Why are the "Goodreads authors" not entitled to be editing librarians ?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by André (new)

André (alfarrabiste) | 1333 comments I was informed yesterday that I cannot be an editing librarian as I am already a Goodreads author. I really does not understand this policy. What are the reasons ? If an author wish to cheat with the books under his name, it is so easy for him to take some pseudonym. As a result of this policy, I am not in a position to improve the quality of the coverage of books in French in the databae, which I consider to be a great weakness of the database.

message 2: by Emily (last edited Sep 18, 2019 11:15AM) (new)

Emily | 12990 comments This is not a Librarians Group issue. The members of this group are volunteers and do not have anything to do with policies. You can address your questions or concerns with Goodreads employees by using the Contact Us form:

https://www.goodreads.com/about/conta...

message 3: by André (new)

André (alfarrabiste) | 1333 comments Emily wrote: "This is not a Librarians Group issue. The members of this group are volunteers and do not have anything to do with policies. You can address your questions or concerns with Goodreads employees by u..."

Thank you Emily. I have followed your advise.