Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Questions > Same review posted by multiple users

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katarina (new)

Katarina (katsmiao) | 2 comments There are 2 reviews that have been posted a bunch of times by a bunch of different user names. Just copy and paste, by the looks of it. Does this fall into "any user can post any review they want to" and therefore is not considered plagiarism or theft of intellectual property, if credit is not provided in the post? instead each user is claiming it as their own review. Seems dishonest to me, and influences overall ratings of the book.
Please help me understand and reply with your thoughts on this

message 2: by Scott (new)

Scott You will have to contact support on this issue.

But on a quick scan I did not see any duplicate reviews.

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily | 12946 comments This is not something the Librarians Group can help with. You will need to contact Support.
https://www.goodreads.com/about/conta...

message 4: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13555 comments Scott wrote: "You will have to contact support on this issue.

But on a quick scan I did not see any duplicate reviews."

Neither did I. I do see multiple threads posted on this issue, though.

message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (last edited Sep 17, 2019 01:44PM) (new)

rivka | 41655 comments Mod
This is not a Librarians Group issue. For general site queries, please either check out the new Goodreads Help (with its FAQ), or you may wish to use the Contact Us page. Closing thread.

Duplicate threads have been removed. Please only post requests in this group one time.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.