Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Questions > Reviewer has put two entries onto my book and so effected ratings

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erin (last edited Sep 16, 2019 04:06AM) (new)

Erin Green | 9 comments Hi

A reader has been able to place a four star 'star only review' and then today has written another four star review with detailed text. Therefore she has effected my star rating twice and brought my figures down from 4.60 to a 4.57.
I appreciate that she has reviewed, I like her detailed review but can her first 'star only' review be removed?

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23199 comments This is not something that librarians can help you with. Please contact support. But as far as I know anyone can review any way they want to, as many times as they want to.

https://www.goodreads.com/about/conta...

Also please remove the user name listed in your post as that is against the TOS of GR.

Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 4556 comments Erin wrote: "Hi

Author Erin Green on my latest book New Beginnings At Rose Cottage a ...

Hi Erin

Librarians are volunteers who edit the book data & stuff like that. We don't have access to members reviews. To contact staff use the contact us link at the top of this group.

Could you please remove the reviewer's name from your post. That is considered calling out & is not allowed in this group.

message 4: by Erin (last edited Sep 16, 2019 03:24AM) (new)

Erin Green | 9 comments Removed.

But this means any reader can lower an author's book rating by consistently reviewing the same book multiple times. Which is what has happened to me today.

message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42013 comments Mod
Goodreads Librarians are not employees of Goodreads, but volunteers. They cannot assist you with issues regarding individual reviews. You'll need to use the Contact Us link on the Help page, or flag the item(s) of concern. Closing thread.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.