Sci-Fi, fantasy and speculative Indie Authors Review discussion

Religion Without A God
This topic is about Religion Without A God
Promotions > Desperately seeking Susan, or reviews for "different" sci-fi novel!

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by James (new)

James Evans | 8 comments Hi All,
As I have not had any reviews yet for my sci-fi novel "Religion Without a God" I decided I had better ask :-)
There's quirky humour, there's mystery - I aimed for Hitchcock but Jessica Fletcher will do.
There's philosophical deconstruction - or more likely just asking why does X get away with Z? This might be controversial if you are a fan of X and think Z is a perfectly good thing!
I am British! Just thought I'd mention that!
Ok
Here goes...

message 2: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Kittle (vkittle) | 4 comments Can you post a link maybe with a 'see inside' so we can get a sample?

message 3: by James (new)

James Evans | 8 comments Hi Vanessa,
Thanks very much for the post!
Here is the Amazon.com link:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07T1MLJN9
The sample ends a short way through chapter 4.
Best Wishes
James

message 4: by James (new)

James Evans | 8 comments Thanks very much to Benny for the review on Amazon.com!
I am really pleased that you enjoyed the novel and found it different. That's certainly what I was hoping to achieve.
The characters and story I very much enjoyed writing and came naturally.
The politics was the really difficult part for me - I realised that it would impede the natural flow of the story to some extent, and although I tried my best to minimise the disruption there were things I needed to say, and believe me there were many revisions to distill/distil the message and avoid offending as much as possible.
It was always going to be controversial - I wanted to explain a right-wing (libertarian not authoritarian) perspective, in the hope that left-wingers and independents might have a better understanding and greater tolerance for different viewpoints. I realise it is very unlikely to succeed but I wanted to try.