What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Immortal Unicorn
This topic is about Immortal Unicorn
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Short story, modern fantasy, possibly in a unicorn themed compilation, gangster wears unicorn septum ring. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Reyne (new)

Reyne Collie | 3 comments I don't remember a lot, I read it when I was quite young. However, the one detail I remember should be enough for anyone who's read it to recognize it, as it was very central to the story...
It was about a young man involved in a life of crime who had a nose ring or a septum ring with a piece of jewelry in it that had an image of a unicorn on it. It was very important to him.
The only other bits I can remember are that he had a son, and he thinks about him and the baby momma a fair bit. Whatever gangster stuff he's getting into was to try and make money to see them again or support them or something. His father left him and he doesn't want to do that to his kid. Something supernatural happens to him at some point, I think also involving a unicorn. I have no idea how old this story is, but I would venture a guess it was written in the 80s or maybe early 90s.
That's all I got, thanks for any help with this!

message 2: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 15710 comments Might want to check the Unicorn Books list.

message 3: by Reyne (new)

Reyne Collie | 3 comments Oh thank you! I did actually manage to find it from that list!

It's called The Devil on Myrtle Ave by Eric Lustbader, in case anyone else was interested.

message 4: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 15710 comments Awesome news! Thanks for letting us know.

What collection was it in?

message 5: by Reyne (new)

Reyne Collie | 3 comments Immortal Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle

message 6: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 15710 comments Cool, thanks. :)

Immortal Unicorn for the link.