Book of The Month discussion

GENERAL > eReader or physical book?

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Odelia (new)

Odelia (creolebookworm) | 10 comments Just wondering what's your favorite to read? For me, a physical book hands down.. but also use my very old Kindle Touch as it is smaller and lighter than my Kindle Fire 8 and also I can get books way cheaper.

message 2: by Brenda (new)

Brenda  | 8 comments I prefer physical copies but on rare occasions I do read ebooks from the library.

message 3: by Christie (new)

Christie Guillory | 8 comments I prefer physical copies, but also keep ebooks handy because it's so much easier to read on the go that way. Plus, I love my books so much I would hate to ruin one by toting it around. ‍

message 4: by Brittney (new)

Brittney Schmidt (schmidtyoushouldread) | 62 comments 100% Physical, I cannot read digital books

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Grafstrom (sgraf307) | 2 comments Physical copies for sure! There is something so comforting about curling up in a chair with your hands wrapped around a real book!

message 6: by Sri (new)

Sri (theprofreads) | 2 comments Guess I'm in the minority! I'm primarily a library audiobook reader via Libby or Hoopla apps, then e-books via Libby or Hoopla as well for my Fire tablet. If I love a book I'll buy it for Audible or Kindle. I'm also trying out Scribd.

And if I want a physical edition for my "collection" of true loves I want to re-read - I'll buy a hardback or paperback for my physical bookshelf. I've moved around a lot between college, grad school, and my job, so my Fire table is best for travel and keeping my whole library with me at once. Now that I'm in my career, I've wanted to update my (small) physical library to still keep it minimalist - a 3 shelf bookcase I've had for years. Because I only buy books once I've read them, it helps me space out purchases and make sure I'm truly buying things I will love and want to re-read.

message 7: by Marinel (new)

Marinel DeBerry | 20 comments I prefer physical books...the ability to hold and smell a new book is something I enjoy. However, the pricing of ebooks or digital downloads are more feasible. I have tried audiobooks and just can not get into them.

message 8: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen (doodlesrus) | 5 comments Physical book for sure. Also enjoy audio books in the car. Never thought I would like them but I tried it once with The Book Thief and I was hooked. Love that it allows me two books at once.

message 9: by Nic (new)

Nic (bourneshell) | 8 comments I prefer physical books, but it's pretty amazing when you can get the physical book and check out the audio book from the library at the same time. That way I can read several chapters then listen to a chapter when I'm making dinner or doing chores around the house. And sometimes, you get an amazing surprise when the audio book is a real gem, like "Nothing to see here" or "The Heart's Invisible Furies"

message 10: by Elsa (new)

Elsa Carrion (ecarrion) | 337 comments Physical books and audio books to follow along

message 11: by ♥ Sandi ❣ (new)

♥ Sandi ❣	 | 59 comments I agree with Elsa, but anymore I get more books on my Fire than I get in hard cover.

message 12: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Guthrie (mrsguthrie) | 3 comments Odelia wrote: "Just wondering what's your favorite to read? For me, a physical book hands down.. but also use my very old Kindle Touch as it is smaller and lighter than my Kindle Fire 8 and also I can get books w..."

Physical book! My husband says I'm a "book pervert" because I sniff the book rub the pages through my fingers the whole time I'm reading!

message 13: by Elsa (new)

Elsa Carrion (ecarrion) | 337 comments It's just a feeling one gets when you see a beautiful cover and feel the book in your hands, the smell of a new book, the feel of the pages, the rubbing (caressing LOL) of the book cover and pages.

message 14: by Makeda (new)

Makeda | 5 comments Physical books all the way. I will occasionally listen to an audiobook but it depends on the book.

message 15: by Madeline (new)

Madeline | 75 comments I do all! I prefer the feel of a physical book and the action of turning the page. I have gotten more into Kindle books for night time reading and when I'm running errands or have to wait somewhere and kill some time, when I can just pull out my phone. I also do audiobooks on days when I mostly do data entry at my job.

message 16: by Sheri (new)

Sheri Lisker | 21 comments Physical book. Before Covid, when I was driving a lot, I enjoyed audio books too.

message 17: by saima (new)

saima (niqabi reader) (saimareads) | 1 comments I used to prefer physical books, but because I read so many digital books and listen to so many audiobooks I think I actually prefer those now.

message 18: by Elsa (new)

Elsa Carrion (ecarrion) | 337 comments I read on my kindle ebooks because its more convenient when I'm out, but I love physical books event though I don't get to read them a lot.

message 19: by Tony (new)

Tony Carson | 5 comments I love physical books but I have gotten a lot more accepting of e-books. I read digital copies of comics on my Kindle Fire and getting tons of (legal) free/cheap e-books on that and an old Paperwhite is really convenient and nice. When I commuted more I listened to podcasts more than audiobooks.

message 20: by Kiki (last edited Feb 08, 2021 03:05PM) (new)

Kiki (coloraturakiki) | 12 comments I prefer physical books. I like the way they feel in my hands, like the smell of them, flipping through the pages, but my house has about all the books it can hold. For economy's sake, I've switched to e-books, and they are okay. I'm liking them more than I thought I would.

message 21: by Madeline (new)

Madeline | 75 comments Tony wrote: "I love physical books but I have gotten a lot more accepting of e-books. I read digital copies of comics on my Kindle Fire and getting tons of (legal) free/cheap e-books on that and an old Paperwhi..."

I love reading comics on the Kindle. I like that it zooms in on the scene that you're reading, it feels almost like watching a movie with subtitles

message 22: by Vivi (new)

Vivi  (vivi91) | 18 comments saima wrote: "I used to prefer physical books, but because I read so many digital books and listen to so many audiobooks I think I actually prefer those now."

me toooo. lol exactly the same...i just started POPSUGAR reading challenge...and audiobooks are amazinggg

message 23: by Matthew (new)

Matthew | 23 comments Physical books are my ideal but it's hard to beat the convenience of the Kindle app or an audiobook on a commute or walk. I tend to be in the middle of one of each format at any given time, so I can always "read" no matter what the setting.

message 24: by Elsa (new)

Elsa Carrion (ecarrion) | 337 comments Madeline wrote: "Tony wrote: "I love physical books but I have gotten a lot more accepting of e-books. I read digital copies of comics on my Kindle Fire and getting tons of (legal) free/cheap e-books on that and an..."

I need to try that!
My grandkids are into Manga but I just can't get into them. Maybe with this format it's better.