Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Hallowed Path
This topic is about Hallowed Path
Archive [General] > 온라인경마사이트 ma892.net 서울경마예상 경마예상사이트

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Graeme (new)

Graeme Rodaughan | 2038 comments Spam above

message 2: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4417 comments Mod
Graeme wrote: "Spam above"

Thanks, Graeme. They have been flagged for spam. Frustratingly, it's always the same spam.

Snarktastic Sonja (snownsew) | 15 comments You can delete the thread :)

message 4: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 14710 comments Snarktastic Sonja wrote: "You can delete the thread :)"

They do, but it keeps coming back, sometimes 3-5 threads all at once, for the past couple weeks/months...

message 5: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Snarktastic Sonja wrote: "You can delete the thread :)"

If I flag the comment, it reports it to GR. If I delete it, they'll never see it.

message 6: by Hailee (new)

Hailee | 2375 comments Jenna wrote: "Thanks, Graeme. They have been flagged for spam. Frustratingly, it's always the same spam."

It's never the same name though. I wonder if it is the same person creating new accounts when Goodreads blocks them or if there are multiple people spamming about the same thing.

message 7: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 14710 comments You'd think if someone was going around making posts like this with throwaway accounts, GR could implement some heuristic algorithm to just block the threads from being created...

Then again, maybe they ARE doing that and this is just the one getting through... like when developers try to stop people from selling video game currency for real money through in game chat messages...

Or them weird book torrent emails last year through friend requests...

message 8: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Hailee wrote: "Jenna wrote: "Thanks, Graeme. They have been flagged for spam. Frustratingly, it's always the same spam."

It's never the same name though. I wonder if it is the same person creating new accounts w..."

I think that's exactly what is happening because I always delete the member from the group when they post spam like this. :(

message 9: by Anni (new)

Anni | 5020 comments I wonder why they think it's worth it, wasn't it about horse races and betting? This group doesn't strike me as one where they can find a lot of customers immediately... Especially if many of us can't even read the text

message 10: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 14710 comments Sir Anni wrote: "I wonder why they think it's worth it, wasn't it about horse races and betting? This group doesn't strike me as one where they can find a lot of customers immediately... Especially if many of us ca..."

That didn't stop the chinese telemarketer on my voicemail a few months back...

message 11: by Hailee (new)

Hailee | 2375 comments Sir Anni wrote: "I wonder why they think it's worth it, wasn't it about horse races and betting? This group doesn't strike me as one where they can find a lot of customers immediately... Especially if many of us ca..."

I was thinking the exact same thing. I think they just target the biggest goodreads groups. I saw these exact same messages on a few threads over on the Catching Up With Classics group which has twice as many members as this group and we're pretty big.