Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Issues with Quotes > Fix quotations

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ron (new)

Ron Baratono (ronbaratono) | 274 comments https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/9962...

It it possible to place the quotation after the last word in the quote, instead of after the word, "dad."

Thank you,
Ron

message 2: by Emily (last edited Sep 10, 2019 07:49AM) (new)

Emily | 14427 comments The quotation marks auto-fill before the first word and after the last word that you type in the quote box.

message 3: by Ron (last edited Sep 10, 2019 10:42AM) (new)

Ron Baratono (ronbaratono) | 274 comments I know that Emily but didn't know how to get around that when I first wrote it. I re-wrote it just now. Can you adjust so it read as below. Thank you.

"My children, now grown adults. Let no person question your loyalty to your family and it will always be your mother that loves you the deepest.”

Dad

message 4: by Emily (last edited Sep 10, 2019 11:26AM) (new)

Emily | 14427 comments Unfortunately it's still going to show a quotation mark after "Dad" since that is the last word of the quote.

message 5: by Ron (new)

Ron Baratono (ronbaratono) | 274 comments Ok Emily I understand. Can you just take off the word "dad." I will remember this for future quotes. Re-wrote below.

"My children, now grown adults. Let no person question your loyalty to your family and, it will always be your mother that loves you the deepest.”

Thank you,

Ron

message 6: by Emily (new)

Emily | 14427 comments Done

message 7: by Ron (new)

Ron Baratono (ronbaratono) | 274 comments Thank you Emily. You're a treasure.

Ron