Horror Aficionados discussion

Buddy Reads > The Institute by Stephen King Buddy read (Spoiler warning)

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mehmet (last edited Sep 10, 2019 02:52PM) (new)

Mehmet | 1217 comments Hello one and all to a Buddy read for Stephen Kings new novel The Institute. The book is released on 10 September 2019. Which is tomorrow. The buddy read is scheduled for 15 September. So far we have

Jonathan
Krystle
Mehmet
Melissa
Charles
Angie

Everyone is welcome to join us, so just send us a message and we add you.
Happy reading

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2253 comments Mine is coming tomorrow and unless Amazon has ripped it like they do so many books and things I have to replace, I will start soon abd check in with you guys.

message 3: by Mehmet (new)

Mehmet | 1217 comments Ok Melissa I will add your name, you got till 15th so no need to panic. I getting my copy tomorrow from bookshop hopefully. Sorry for my rudeness, Welcome to our group.

message 4: by Charles (new)

Charles | 51 comments You can count me in but I will be reading audible version.

♥♡¢σσкιє♥♡ (Krystle)  (kookiekrysp88) | 19 comments Hi, everyone! Looking forward to this buddy read!

message 6: by Mehmet (new)

Mehmet | 1217 comments ok Charles, thats not a problem, Jonathan is also going to listen to the audible version. Welcome to the group, I will add your name soon.

message 7: by Mehmet (new)

Mehmet | 1217 comments Hello Krystle, i am also looking forward to read this book with everyone

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2253 comments Mehmet wrote: "Ok Melissa I will add your name, you got till 15th so no need to panic. I getting my copy tomorrow from bookshop hopefully. Sorry for my rudeness, Welcome to our group."

You weren’t rude and thank you 😊

message 9: by Mehmet (new)

Mehmet | 1217 comments I rushed to WHSmiths early in morning to get the book, before I go to work, I am glad to say I got my copy now. I am very happy.

message 11: by Mehmet (new)

Mehmet | 1217 comments Did your copy arrive through post yet Melissa ?

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2253 comments My UPS runs at night so hopefully the edition is in good shape 😊

♥♡¢σσкιє♥♡ (Krystle)  (kookiekrysp88) | 19 comments Got mine today! Looking forward to starting soon. 😁

message 15: by Gabriel (new)

Gabriel Zeros (gabrielzeros) | 1 comments Sweet! Looking forward to the book!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2253 comments Mine just got here!

message 17: by Mehmet (new)

Mehmet | 1217 comments Great stuff, well done Everyone. The copy I brought says Collectors edition. Are all your copies the same ? Or are USA and UK copies different ?

message 18: by Angie (new)

Angie I'd like to join in. I just got my copy.

message 19: by Mehmet (new)

Mehmet | 1217 comments Hello Angie, Welcome to this Buddy read, i add your name. We start on the 15th so it gives everyone time to finish up. I myself am aiming to finish my current book by Sunday.

message 20: by Mehmet (new)

Mehmet | 1217 comments Does everyone remember or know how to do the Spoiler tags ? we must use them when talking about important plots points, so as not to ruin the story for have not reach that part of the novel.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2253 comments Mehmet wrote: "Great stuff, well done Everyone. The copy I brought says Collectors edition. Are all your copies the same ? Or are USA and UK copies different ?"

I canceled my Waterstones special edition. Couldn’t afford it. Mine is just normal which is fine. I’m just glad it’s not beat up!

message 22: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Echevarria (gabrielzero) | 862 comments Looking forward to it. I would imagine all the various editions are the same.

♥♡¢σσкιє♥♡ (Krystle)  (kookiekrysp88) | 19 comments Mehmet wrote: "Great stuff, well done Everyone. The copy I brought says Collectors edition. Are all your copies the same ? Or are USA and UK copies different ?"

Mine was a regular hardcover. I just noticed Amazon dropped the price a dollar from the pre order price and that's got me a little miffed. A whole dollar! Lol

message 24: by Mehmet (new)

Mehmet | 1217 comments I got a nice purple cover, must admit I was happy with it. Definitely going to look after it, if I like the book it be a double bonus.

message 25: by Mehmet (new)

Mehmet | 1217 comments seem to be ahead of myself, i ended up finishing my book yesterday. So started reading a short children's novel inbetween. Once I finish this I will start reading The Institute.

message 26: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Echevarria (gabrielzero) | 862 comments I listen to the first chapter. Pretty good so far. I’m curious to see how all of it unfolds. I’ve been staying spoiler free so I only know vaguely what this book is even about.

message 27: by Mehmet (new)

Mehmet | 1217 comments I am starting the book now, Sunday is almost here. Is everyone ready for some serious Stephen King funtime !

message 28: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Echevarria (gabrielzero) | 862 comments Good book so far! I am liking it.

♥♡¢σσкιє♥♡ (Krystle)  (kookiekrysp88) | 19 comments Got started today, and so far so good!

message 30: by Mehmet (new)

Mehmet | 1217 comments had a busy weekend, so not read as much a I would of liked. Hopefully on my day off i can concentrate and read more.

message 31: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Echevarria (gabrielzero) | 862 comments I haven’t read that much either. I think I’m only like eight chapters in. I still have 16 hours left in the book.

message 32: by Jeff McIntosh (new)

Jeff McIntosh | 137 comments Picked up my copy from my local library today...will start reading it tonight, done by Monday probably....

Jeff

message 33: by Mehmet (new)

Mehmet | 1217 comments On page 66 Enjoying the book so far

(view spoiler)

message 34: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Echevarria (gabrielzero) | 862 comments Good story so far. Probably four hours into the book I think.

message 35: by Mehmet (new)

Mehmet | 1217 comments The more I read the more I want to find out what is going on !

message 36: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Echevarria (gabrielzero) | 862 comments I am 11 hours into the audiobook. I’m still enjoying it immensely. It’s quickly becoming one of my favorite Stephen King books honestly. I only have seven hours left and relishing every last minute.

message 37: by Mehmet (new)

Mehmet | 1217 comments I read extra today as my day off. I am also enjoying the book.

(view spoiler)

message 38: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Echevarria (gabrielzero) | 862 comments I finished the book yesterday. It was good!

message 39: by Mehmet (new)

Mehmet | 1217 comments finished also, great story.

message 40: by Anthony (new)

Anthony Hains | 140 comments His best book in years.

message 41: by Angie (new)

Angie I finished this a while back and loved it. It felt a lot more like the old Stephen King than a lot of his other recent works.

message 42: by Mehmet (new)

Mehmet | 1217 comments Have not read a lot of Stephen Kings books, so can not compare. I did enjoy this book a lot.