September 2019: Cultural > The Ensemble: 1 Star

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Ann (auntie-nanuuq) | 753 comments The Ensemble by Aja Gabel

The Ensemble, Aja Gabel

Stars? Pffffft!

Cultural: About a Classical Music Quartet

I don't quite know what to say, I do know that I was bored, the characters were flat, predictable, boring, and not very likable....

A quartet, playing together through music school: a podigy violist; a serious violinist; a enabling violist; & an egotistical selfish arse of a cellist.....

They grow up together, apart together, back together, highs & lows... and they are flat boring people... I don't quite know what to say, I do know that I was bored, the characters were flat, predictable, boring, and not very likable....

A quartet, playing together through music school: Henry, a prodigy violist; Jana (who was supposed to be "mean" but she wasn't) a serious violinist; Brit, a enabling violist in love with - Daniel, a mean, jealous, petty, egotistical, selfish arse of a cellist.....

They grow up together, apart together, back together, highs & lows... and they are flat boring people... making for a flat boring book.

They grow up together, apart together, back together, highs & lows... and they are flat boring people... I don't quite know what to say, I do know that I was bored, the characters were flat, predictable, boring, and not very likable....

A quartet, playing together through music school: Henry, a podigy violist; Jana (who was supposed to be "mean" but she wasn't) a serious violinist; Brit, a enabling violist in love with - Daniel, a mean, jealous, petty, egotistical, selfish arse of a cellist.....

They grow up together, apart together, back together, highs & lows... and they are flat boring people... making for a flat boring book.

message 2: by NancyJ (new)

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 4887 comments LOL. It sounds sort of flat and boring. Was it also repetitive by any chance?

message 3: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 2048 comments I didn't even get 1/4 of the way through this one before I gave up. Good for you for sticking it out!

message 4: by Hebah (new)

Hebah (quietdissident) | 674 comments *snort* So I take it you didn't like this one, huh?

(I get e-mail newsletters with the first few chapters of books over the span of a week, usually around their release. I think I read the first installment of this one and then deleted the rest. Something about it didn't do it for me from the very beginning.)

message 5: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Ann (auntie-nanuuq) | 753 comments Well for once, I'm not the only one? Good to know!