2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #2 discussion

The Hunt (Predator Trilogy, #2)
This topic is about The Hunt
The Hunt > Question R

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 4790 comments Mod
Quinn & Miranda...your thoughts about their relationship and romance? Were you satisfied with the balance of romance and suspense in this story?

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1223 comments Ten years is way to long for them to have been apart. Miranda knew, deep down, she wasn't ready for the FBI and loved her job with search and rescue. She was stubborn in not contacting Quinn and telling him that. He was stubborn in not contacting her after a year or two. Balance was good, these books are heavier on the suspense, but very good.

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 4790 comments Mod
Her reaction after ten years told me she hadn’t really faced her own truths.

I liked how their romance developed. They had an intense history and we got to see those feelings resurface and deepen. If not for that history, the romance would have needed a much longer period to develop, especially with her history.

Of course, I’m more drawn to the suspense so this worked for me.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 638 comments Yes. The focus was on solving the mystery and catching the killer. The romance was right on, in my opinion.

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 751 comments I thought the romance was perfect since they had a previous relationship. I agree. The focus was on catching this killer not the romance but it worked for me.

Melissa (melissasd) | 580 comments The balance of the two was good for me. I liked how they both had to work out things from their past together to get to where they are. It felt like a true relationship.