2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #2 discussion

The Hunt (Predator Trilogy, #2)
This topic is about The Hunt
The Hunt > Question J

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 4850 comments Mod
Delilah was a co-conspirator with Larsen in the abductions and tortures of these women. Knowing her childhood issues, were you able to understand how she could be so cold, callous and dispassionate about everything that went on?

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 653 comments Not really, to that extent. She turned into her mother, it seemed.

I think Delilah was a sociopath. Her mother’s abhorrent behavior worsened her own but she had an abnormal jealousy of her brother from the onset. There’s no way you can watch innocent young women being tortured and not feel something. And, she was the one to come up with the Butcher’s practice of releasing the women and hunting them down.

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1257 comments I didn't get it either. Just sick.

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 751 comments No, she obviously needed help. Can't imagine witnessing your mother raping your brother but she obviously never sought any professional help. And, I agree, Jonetta. How could she watch women being tortured and raped? What really got me was the fact that it was her idea for him to hunt them.

Melissa (melissasd) | 580 comments It was obvious that she was a lot like her mother, but I really didn't understand her until she told her story about feeling like an unwanted child. That can really make someone feel dead inside. With the hunt being Delilah's idea I wondered if maybe it was a way of her to live out one of her fantasies through Davy.

Probably was her living her fantasy through Davy. She was pretty diabolical.