2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #2 discussion

The Hunt (Predator Trilogy, #2)
This topic is about The Hunt
The Hunt > Question E

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 5335 comments Mod
In the beginning of the story, it was clear that someone was leaking information to Elijah Banks, the reporter, but the identity of that person wasn’t ever made clear. Was it Harris by implication?

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 677 comments That was my assumption. What I couldn't get was how a newly-elected sheriff would think it a good idea to hire his defeated opponent as his deputy.

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 5335 comments Mod
Charlene, my sentiments exactly. Maybe he thought Harris wouldn’t run against him if he hired him. It turned out to be such a bad idea.

I’m assuming it was Harris who was the leaker given his past behavior. I went back to Speak No Evil and reread the last chapter where we learned how Nick handled his replacement. Harris got what he deserved.

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1388 comments It was never confirmed in the story, but I'm positive the leaker was Harris. I think it was "keep your friends close and your enemies closer" as to why Nick made him under-sheriff.

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 778 comments Even though it wasn't confirmed, my assumption was that it was Harris also. I agree, Anita. I think that was Nick's philosophy too. He felt if Harris was working with him, he'd have more control over him. I have to go back and read that last chapter in Speak No Evil!

Melissa (melissasd) | 635 comments I do believe that Harris was leaking information. He disliked Nick and wanted him to look bad. I agree. I think Nick wanted to keep an eye on him.

2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #2

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Speak No Evil (other topics)