2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #2 discussion

The Hunt (Predator Trilogy, #2)
This topic is about The Hunt
The Hunt > Question D

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 5349 comments Mod
Quinn and Miranda haven’t seen each other in ten years. Do you think it would have made a difference if he’d attempted to see her in person?

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 693 comments I couldn't get a feel for that when I read this book. She was determined that he had betrayed her, and that would be a terrible thing to get over. If she didn't read his letter, would she let him talk to her?

I had trouble with this, too, Charlene. Ten years later, she seemed just as angry as if it had just happened. I don’t think it would have made much of a difference back then...she would have refused to see him.

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1388 comments Both very stubborn, determined individuals with Miranda acting more than a little immature about it all. I think it would have made a big difference if Quinn had contacted her in person a year or two later and made her listen. That would have given her time to settle down and come to terms with why he felt she wasn't ready to be an agent.

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 784 comments I don't really think she would have listened to him a year or two later. She barely wanted to listen to him 10 years later!

message 6: by Anita (last edited Sep 12, 2019 05:52PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1388 comments I just got the feeling that she had built it up to more than it was over 10 years. If he had gone to her sooner, especially since she didn't return to the Academy after a year, she would have been more reasonable. 10 years is a long tine for something like that to fester.

Melissa (melissasd) | 635 comments I don't think so. Miranda was so hurt by what happened that she was blinded to the truth. I think her sending his letter back kept him from going to see her. What irritated me was that Quinn never tried to make her shut up and really listen to him.

And I think that would have made a difference, Melissa!