2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #2 discussion

The Hunt (Predator Trilogy, #2)
This topic is about The Hunt
The Hunt > Question B

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 4830 comments Mod
It’s been twelve years since Miranda’s ordeal and the Butcher never made another attempt on her life. Did you understand why after the reason was revealed? Until that revelation, were you concerned about her safety?

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 638 comments Yes, we've read other stories about survivors of serial killers who go back to get the one that got away.

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 4830 comments Mod
I was extremely concerned about her safety but didn’t get why no attempt had been made over twelve years. It took me a bit to understand Delilah’s logic but it gave her control over Larsen. That was just as insidious.

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1247 comments At first I thought he respected that she got away. To find out that Delilah was holding it over her brother's head as blackmail was disappointing. I wasn't concerned about her safety, after all he had had 12 years to go after her and hadn't.

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 751 comments I wondered (until we found out) why he would let her live. You would think that he would be concerned that she could identify him. Even though he always kept them blindfolded, it would be possible to recognize someone's voice.

Melissa (melissasd) | 580 comments My feeling was that The Butcher felt she had deserved her freedom. She was strong and a fighter and he admired that. I also felt that he didn't see her as a threat since she hadn't seen his face. I was never concerned about he safety. Delilah holding it over his head didn't surprise me.