Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Grindhelm's Key (The Brackenford Cycle #4)
This topic is about Grindhelm's Key
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Grindhelm's Key [Oct 7, 2019]

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4417 comments Mod
Grindhelm's Key - Nick Moseley
Grindhelm's Key (The Brackenford Cycle #4) by Nick Moseley
October 7, 2019.
Requested by Graeme.

Graeme Rodaughan | 2038 comments Thanks Jenna, much appreciated.

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6206 comments in. :)

Graeme Rodaughan | 2038 comments Cool.

message 5: by Nick (new)

Nick | 74 comments As usual I'll be loitering around the thread in case anyone has a question for the author...

;-)

Graeme Rodaughan | 2038 comments Read the 1st chapter.

I like Cled the druid. I hope we see more of him.

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6206 comments I'm running behind again. Had ti give a break to reading to finish setting up the logo for my blog, as well as do some refurbishing in a few of the Magic Book Corner's corners :D. Will try and get to these books ASAP.

Graeme Rodaughan | 2038 comments I'm a slow reader. You'll catch up for sure.

Tammie | 3837 comments I finally am able to read one of these pretty much on time! I'm liking the first chapter and really glad to see Cled is back. (view spoiler)

message 10: by Nick (new)

Nick | 74 comments Tammie wrote: "I finally am able to read one of these pretty much on time! I'm liking the first chapter and really glad to see Cled is back. [spoilers removed]"

Who doesn't love a bit of Cled?

;-)

Graeme Rodaughan | 2038 comments 31% in.

Finally, Trev's social life might be turning up. (view spoiler)

Tammie | 3837 comments Graeme wrote: "31% in.

Finally, Trev's social life might be turning up. [spoilers removed]"

I loved that part. 😂

Tammie | 3837 comments I finished this a few days ago and I liked it better than the previous book. It was good fun, and I read it really quickly.

(view spoiler)

Graeme Rodaughan | 2038 comments That's great Tammie.

Glad you enjoyed it.

message 15: by Nick (new)

Nick | 74 comments Tammie wrote: "I finished this a few days ago and I liked it better than the previous book. It was good fun, and I read it really quickly. "

Thanks Tammie! :-)

Graeme Rodaughan | 2038 comments I haven't reached the Pax party yet... Got a lot on at the moment and not reading as much.

message 17: by Nick (new)

Nick | 74 comments Graeme wrote: "I haven't reached the Pax party yet... Got a lot on at the moment and not reading as much."

Slow and steady wins the race!

(I can't help but feel that the person who came up with that phrase had never been in - or even seen - a race...)

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6206 comments I'm starting this tonight. Late to the party as usual but hey, better late than never, right? :D

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6206 comments Up to chapter 4 and I burst out laughing at the (view spoiler)

Nice way to start. I needed a light and funny read after all that dark fantasy I've been reading these days. This is perfect.

And what's a pillock?

Graeme Rodaughan | 2038 comments Hi Laura, welcome to the buddy read. I'm at chapter 30. Still a long way to go.

A pillock is basically an idiot, fool, simpleton, etc

Daniel | 1536 comments Finally got around to starting this one. Never any bloody time to read!! I am liking this better than the third book-up to chapter 12.

Daniel | 1536 comments Starting chapter 18
(view spoiler)

Graeme Rodaughan | 2038 comments Hi Daniel, great too see you here.

You have a lot of things eating into your reading time?

Graeme Rodaughan | 2038 comments Finished this book last night.

Loved it.

The ending is great.

Daniel | 1536 comments Spent the last three months trying to get a storefront bbq biz going. Decided to just continue on with part time catering instead. Dreams are weird, sometimes your most fervent dream can become a bloody nightmare!! Lol, that didn’t happen, but it was close. Will be back to a somewhat normal life and schedule as of now.

Daniel | 1536 comments Nice pun Graeme!!

Graeme Rodaughan | 2038 comments Yes, well, I know you're a foodie. :-).

Graeme Rodaughan | 2038 comments Daniel wrote: "Spent the last three months trying to get a storefront bbq biz going. Decided to just continue on with part time catering instead. Dreams are weird, sometimes your most fervent dream can become a b..."

Well, at least you know now and won't be wondering about it.

Daniel | 1536 comments Graeme wrote: "Daniel

It’s an excellent point Sir.

Daniel | 1536 comments Chapter 35 78%
(view spoiler)

message 31: by Nick (new)

Nick | 74 comments Laura wrote: "And what's a pillock?"

I'm not sure what the dictionary definition is, but I see one every time I look in the mirror...

;-)

Daniel | 1536 comments Hmmm what a wanker...?

Tammie | 3837 comments Nick wrote: "Laura wrote: "And what's a pillock?"

I'm not sure what the dictionary definition is, but I see one every time I look in the mirror...

;-)"

😂

Daniel | 1536 comments 😂🙏😂

ChrisP Poyner Five stars all the way. Don't know what I have to say except I hope 2020 is a great writing year for @Nick Mosely.

ChrisP Poyner Also, @graeme thank you for inviting me to this buddy reads. You have impeccable taste. I have added your book to my 2020 goal list. If you ever do a buddy read like this again please invite me.

Graeme Rodaughan | 2038 comments Hi Chris, glad you enjoyed it. Nick's the best 'unknown,' writer I know of.

Graeme Rodaughan | 2038 comments Yes, of course, If I can find anymore gems, I'll run a BR.

P.s. Thanks for shelving my book.

ChrisP Poyner I wish I could make people read this book series. I seriously highly recommended to my groups. I mention this again because I've recently read some bad books that has more ratings than these books.

There are three book series I wish everyone will read:

Wheel of Time
The Expanse
Brackenford Cycle

Graeme Rodaughan | 2038 comments Hi Chris, agree on all points.

message 41: by Nick (new)

Nick | 74 comments ChrisP wrote: "I wish I could make people read this book series."

Mate, I couldn't agree with you more.

If you find out a way to do it, would you let me know please?

:)

message 42: by Nick (new)

Nick | 74 comments Graeme wrote: "Nick's the best 'unknown,' writer I know of."

Am I also the only unknown writer you know of?

Even so, a default win is still a win!

;)

Graeme Rodaughan | 2038 comments Hi Nick, 'unknown,' like me... :-).

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Grindhelm's Key (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Nick Moseley (other topics)