Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Killing Lazarus (The Brackenford Cycle #3.5)
This topic is about Killing Lazarus
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Killing Lazarus [Oct 1, 2019]

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4417 comments Mod
Killing Lazarus - Nick Moseley
Killing Lazarus (The Brackenford Cycle #3.5) by Nick Moseley
October 1, 2019.
Requested by Graeme.

Graeme Rodaughan | 2038 comments Thanks Jenna, much appreciated.

message 3: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4417 comments Mod
Graeme wrote: "Thanks Jenna, much appreciated."

You're welcome :) Enjoy!

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6206 comments Spot. And I'm enabling notifications so I don't forget about this read.

Graeme Rodaughan | 2038 comments Excellent.

message 6: by Nick (new)

Nick | 74 comments Laura wrote: "I'm enabling notifications so I don't forget about this read."

That's a level of organisation to which I can only aspire.

;-)

message 7: by ChrisP (last edited Sep 25, 2019 12:05PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

ChrisP Poyner Laura wrote: "Spot. And I'm enabling notifications so I don't forget about this read."

I made that mistake with Spectre's Rest.

I want to start this book weeks ago. I can't wait for next week.

Graeme Rodaughan | 2038 comments Hi Chris, I'll start tonight.

message 9: by Laura (last edited Oct 01, 2019 01:35AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6206 comments Notifications enabled and beep received.
Will whip up the review for Spectre's Rest tomorrow then start this. :)

Graeme Rodaughan | 2038 comments Hi Laura, I'm looking forward to your review.

Graeme Rodaughan | 2038 comments I thought the first scene was excellent. It was like I was there with the rain on the dirty window and the cold dilapidated room.

Graeme Rodaughan | 2038 comments Finished this and loved it again.

Well, off to Grindhelm's Key in a couple of days.

Tammie | 3838 comments Starting this tonight.

Graeme Rodaughan | 2038 comments Cool. Enjoy.

message 15: by Nick (new)

Nick | 74 comments Graeme wrote: "I thought the first scene was excellent. It was like I was there with the rain on the dirty window and the cold dilapidated room."

Basically the house I lived in while I was a university student. Only I preferred vodka to gin.

Graeme Rodaughan | 2038 comments Amazing.

ChrisP Poyner Wow. Normally I would never give a novella 5*. This could be the first one. I do hope that Barker ends up training Trev. As Trev would say "The Custodians are bunch of tossers and seem to only muck it up.

Graeme Rodaughan | 2038 comments Fantastic Chris.

Are you off to Grindhelm's Key next?

Tammie | 3838 comments ChrisP wrote: "Wow. Normally I would never give a novella 5*. This could be the first one. I do hope that Barker ends up training Trev. As Trev would say "The Custodians are bunch of tossers and seem to only muck..."

I agree this was a really good novella. One of the best I've read.

ChrisP Poyner @Graeme, I started #4 immediately afterward finishing Lazarus and stayed up all night finishing it. I got told twice to go to bed by my wife, that wasn't happening:)

ChrisP Poyner This novella was the most important one to read for the storyline. Knowing what became of Ezekiel after book #2 was important to #4.

Graeme Rodaughan | 2038 comments ChrisP wrote: "@Graeme, I started #4 immediately afterward finishing Lazarus and stayed up all night finishing it. I got told twice to go to bed by my wife, that wasn't happening:)"

My wife is currently reading these books so I have no complaints...

Graeme Rodaughan | 2038 comments ChrisP wrote: "This novella was the most important one to read for the storyline. Knowing what became of Ezekiel after book #2 was important to #4."

Agreed, It's just a ripper of a book.

message 24: by Nick (new)

Nick | 74 comments Apologies for not checking in on these threads for a while!

message 25: by Nick (new)

Nick | 74 comments ChrisP wrote: "Wow. Normally I would never give a novella 5*. This could be the first one."

Thanks Chris!

message 26: by Nick (new)

Nick | 74 comments Tammie wrote: "I agree this was a really good novella. One of the best I've read."

Cheers Tammie, much appreciated!