a true crime book club. discussion

Off Topic Discussion > Audible vs book in hand

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Micky (new)

Micky Peacock (mickyp) | 9 comments Hey everyone!

Does everyone feel the same satisfaction from listening to an audible vs reading a book??

My friend, Anna was the first book I listened to and I’m not sure if I feel the same way about it!

Obviously it’s a more efficient way of storing the books and getting to listen in situations where you can’t read so would love to hear everyone’s thoughts!!

❤️

我是💚 | 10 comments Well, what I normally do is get the physical book and use the audiobook as a companion. Depending on the narrator, it helps the book to become more enjoyable in my opinion. I honestly prefer to read nowadays with the audiobook companion if it’s available.

message 3: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 44 comments I like physical books and audio books. I have a hard time sitting still and the audio books are easier sometimes. I actually find that I pay more attention to them. It helps me get through cleaning or making food, regular boring chores.

message 4: by Alicia (new)

Alicia Williams | 2 comments At the Moment I enjoy the audible books over the regular books just because I’m getting older and my eyes are starting to bother me. LOL but before that I did love indulging into a good physical book

Ania🐰📚🍄🐛 | 81 comments I usually read a physical book and a different audio book. I love the audiobooks for when I’m cleaning the house, laundry, but especially when I’m driving.

message 6: by SnazzyMoose (new)

SnazzyMoose (Lauren) | 15 comments I vastly prefer audiobooks to physical books.

message 7: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Tammaro (dmt85) | 28 comments I might be in the minority but I'm the opposite to Lauren I vastly enjoy physical books to audiobooks

message 8: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (mrsjeune0518) | 54 comments I usually listen to audio while reading the physical at the same time. but if I had to choose I'd say audio. the simple fact that I can get a lot more done. I can also increase the speed so I get it done in half the time. for some reason it's also easier to stay focus with the audio. reading physical my eyes tend to wander so I'll have to read over the same lines several times. something I've always struggled with as a kid. I wish audio was around back in my day.

message 9: by SnazzyMoose (new)

SnazzyMoose (Lauren) | 15 comments Me too Kayla! I have to reread over and over again because I don’t focus as well on physical books

message 10: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (mrsjeune0518) | 54 comments @Lauren I always thought I was the only one this happened to. It takes me several minutes just to finish a page. mind you I'm quite a fast reader once I get going but my mind gets the best of me and I lose focus. Even on the my most interesting reads. I wonder if others struggle with this

message 11: by Vivian (new)

Vivian Kalogirou (viviankalogirou) | 1 comments Depends on the book and/or the narrator.