SciFi and Fantasy eBook Club discussion

Book Chat > Looking for Single/Stand-Alone Fantasy Books

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kim (new)

Kim (kimwedlock) | 4 comments I've read too many series lately and I'm looking for some good fantasy books that only span one binding, not 3+ - a tall order, these days.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be extremely grateful!
Preferably newer releases (I've been reading too much pre-80's fantasy lately ^^')

message 2: by Jevon (new)

Jevon Knights (jevonknights) | 40 comments Brandon Sanderson has a couple: Warbreaker and Elantris were good.

message 3: by Kim (last edited Sep 10, 2019 10:28AM) (new)

Kim (kimwedlock) | 4 comments A friend recommended Warbreaker just half an hour ago, so that's on my list, and she said there was another but she couldn't remember the name - I'm going to assume it's Elantris, so thank you for those!

message 4: by David (last edited Sep 08, 2019 12:32PM) (new)

David Dobson (davedobson) | 2 comments Flames Over Frosthelm is standalone, a mix of heroic fantasy, buddy cop, and humor, kind of Princess Bride meets CSI.

message 5: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 1 comments I'll second Sanderson recommendations - I think Warbreaker is a good place to start! The Last Unicorn by Peter Beagle. This was a fun read (it is a long title and says it is book #1 - I haven't seen a sequel, but it wraps up nicely) The Accidental Highwayman: Being the Tale of Kit Bristol, His Horse Midnight, a Mysterious Princess, and Sundry Magical Persons Besides.