Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Serieses! > How to Post Author Series Page?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anne (new)

Anne Bannon | 5 comments I'm an author trying to set up series pages for my three series. I went to the help page and it says, "Note to Goodreads Authors: To create a new series or edit an existing series (which will then appear on your author profile under Series by), you’ll need help from one of our volunteer librarians. Post in the Goodreads Librarians Group here." But then, it goes on with the steps to create a series and add to a series.
This seems more than a little contradictory.
Are there two separate types of series pages? Do I create a series, then touch base here to get it put onto my author page? Do I ask one of you to create the series?

message 2: by Miriam (new)

Miriam | 1483 comments Authors can't setup or edit series pages on GR, it takes a GR Librarian to do so. The reason for the instructions, is because it is part of the librarian manual, so the instructions were meant for GR librarians.

I'll take a look and see if I can get the series setup for you.

message 3: by Miriam (new)

Miriam | 1483 comments The series pages had already been setup, but I've added any additional books I found. If you need additional series setup or books added, just post in this group and one of us will take care of it.

message 4: by Anne (new)

Anne Bannon | 5 comments Gee. That was fast. Thank you so much! I'll take a look and see if anything is missing. I really appreciate it.

message 5: by Anne (new)

Anne Bannon | 5 comments Next brilliant question - how do I add a description to each series? Do I ask you to do it?

message 6: by Miriam (new)

Miriam | 1483 comments Yes, if you post the description and which series it goes to I can add them for you.

message 7: by Anne (new)

Anne Bannon | 5 comments Miriam wrote: "Yes, if you post the description and which series it goes to I can add them for you."

Here they are. Thanks so much!

Freddie and Kathy Mystery -
Dilletante millionaire author Freddie Little and editor Kathy Briscow search out the bad guys in 1920s New York City and elsewhere.

Old Los Angeles -
In the 1870s, Los Angeles is a rough cow town on the cusp of civilizing. Violence is everywhere and winemaker and doctor Maddie Wilcox searches out who's behind some of the worst of it.

Operation Quickline -
Sid Hackbirn is infamously loose and sexy. Lisa Wycherly is holding onto her virginity. Together, they must find a way to live and work together, in spite of their growing feelings for each other. Oh, and they happen to be spies, too.

Thanks again, Miriam.

message 8: by Miriam (new)

Miriam | 1483 comments Got them all added.

message 9: by Anne (new)

Anne Bannon | 5 comments Miriam wrote: "Got them all added."

Awesome! Thanks so much.