Neverending YA TBR! discussion

Neverending Book Talk! > The Hate U Give

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Khrystyna (last edited Sep 04, 2019 05:14AM) (new)

Khrystyna (khrystynakv) | 119 comments Mod
Hello Everyone!

I am so excited to jump into this book. I heard amazing things about it. I don't own the physical copy but that won't stop me from reading it because I have been using Libby. Its an amazing app for audio books. And the books are free since its connected to your local library. Mind you, that this app doesn't work for everyone if your local library isn't affiliated with them.

This book was voted as our September BOTM with the most votes! Are you excited?

This isn't a spoiler free area. So readers can discuss everything and anything about The Hate U Give.

But please do list ***SPOILERS*** above your replies in order to avoid spoiling other members.

Happy Reading!!

message 2: by Teodora (new)

Teodora  | 24 comments I am really excited about this book too! I really wanted to read it and I am so happy that I have the opportunity now!

message 3: by Khrystyna (new)

Khrystyna (khrystynakv) | 119 comments Mod
Honestly not sure why a lot of booktubers are crazy about this. I didn't like it very much. I thought some of the characters were very very annoying and I just couldn't stand them. I was a bit disappointed. But the message the author was trying to provide the reader was nice and I understand that we have a lot of racial issues going on in our communities. I do think that Star (the main character) was great. She was strong and really stood out.. but everyone else around her just annoyed me so much. Did anyone else feel the same way?

message 4: by Teodora (new)

Teodora  | 24 comments I kind of liked the book. I felt like it was very easy to read and I overall enjoyed the action and the characters
My thoughts -- right here