What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Gone (Jack Caffery, #5)
This topic is about Gone
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Children getting kidnapped (by clowns?), detective smokes. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amber (last edited Mar 22, 2020 05:03AM) (new)

Amber (amberhvxnk) | 4 comments All I remember about this book is that the front cover is of a girl on a tricycle with her back towards the camera, and that the storyline includes a child (nearly) getting kidnapped by a man in a clown mask, but her mum successfully grabs her before the clown could take the child. I'm pretty sure the detective smokes, and I'm also pretty sure that the big finale is that the child is found in a sewer in the end? I read this probably 6 years ago.

[on hiatus] The rockabilly werewolf from Mars | 1528 comments What age group is this for?

message 3: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberhvxnk) | 4 comments I'm not quite sure but I would say it had quite mature themes (for someone who read it at age 10), so I would guess adult fiction? Something with Gone Girl vibes.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39310 comments Mod
Where is it set? (Country, city, region, etc.)
Series?
Author's gender?

message 5: by Mai (new)

Mai | 1254 comments Funny you mentioned Gone Girl because the title is almost the same!
Gone by Mo Hayder
Gone (Jack Caffery, #5) by Mo Hayder

At least I hope this is the book you're looking for! It came up searching "novel" "kidnap" "a clown mask" "detective"

message 6: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberhvxnk) | 4 comments I think you've found it! Thank you so much for your help – this has plagued my mind for 6 or 7 years and now I can finally sleep!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Gone (other topics)
Gone (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Mo Hayder (other topics)