Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Susie's August Reads

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1610 comments At least I finished my goal of 10 books :)

Leftover Dead by Jimmie Ruth Evans (3.5/5)
Missing Marlene by Evan Marshall (4/5)
Hanging Hannah by Evan Marshall (4/5)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (5/5)
Rotten to the Core by Sheila Connolly (4/5)
The Ghost and the Femme Fatale by Alice Kimberly (4/5)
The Ghost and the Haunted Mansion by Alice Kimberly (4/5)
The Lover's Knot by Clare O'Donahue (4/5)
Evil in Carnations by Kate Collins (4/5)
Let There Be Suspects by Emilie Richards (5/5)

message 2: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3604 comments Your opinion of LEFTOVER DEAD is similar to mine, not one of the best in this series. I have ROTTEN TO THE CORE in The Pile. I liked the first in this series. And I thought EVIL IN CARNATIONS was one of the better books in the Flower Shop series. I always like seeing your list!

message 3: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1610 comments Thank you Melodie :) I don't know what happened to the Evans series. The conversations are just to ooey-gooey for me.

ROTTEN TO THE CORE was good, but not quite as good as the first one.

message 4: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14417 comments Susie:
I am glad you met your book count goal. Goals are good, and you had a five star book too! ;)
We are heading into the back stretch of the year, aren't we? I am not sure how I will do with my final count this year, but it isn't looking good for a total count, but pretty good for content which matters most! This time last year I had read 62 books, vs. 52 this year. I have 16 books marked that could make my top ten in both years so can't complain!

Susie in KS wrote: "At least I finished my goal of 10 books :)... Let There Be Suspects by Emilie Richards (5/5) "

message 5: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1610 comments Ann ~ I definitely agree content matters most :) I'll have to check and see how many top ten books I have so far. I don't think I'm doing as well as you are. I just wasted a lot of time reading New Moon which was 563 pages...for a story that could have been condensed to about 50 pages. But I am enjoying another Emilie Richards book right now.

message 6: by Shomeret (last edited Sep 05, 2009 02:44PM) (new)

Shomeret | 1371 comments I haven't read Emilie Richards in a long time, but I did like the one I read.

I only have five A rated M/Ts that are top ten candidates. My top ten that includes all genres has been full for some time. Now I'm removing books from it when I find better ones.

Shomeret
currently reading: The Library of Shadows by Mikkel Birkegaard (turning out to be a fantasy maybe even urban fantasy)

message 7: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3604 comments Susie in KS wrote: "Ann ~ I definitely agree content matters most :) I'll have to check and see how many top ten books I have so far. I don't think I'm doing as well as you are. I just wasted a lot of time reading ..."

NEW MOON was my least favorite in the Twilight series, too, Susie.

message 8: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 101 comments Susie, I enjoyed Let There Be Suspects too. I like Emilie Richards and have read three of her books and enjoyed all of them. I am glad to learn that you enjoyed Evil in Carnations. I like her books. Sorry to hear the Jimmie Ruth Evans was a bit disappointing for you. We read a lot of the same books but I am lagging behind on the newer ones. Glad you had a good month

Leslie