The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

TASK HELP: Fall Challenge 2019 > 20.8 - Nickels & Dimes - Peg W's Task : The Scents of Fall

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SRC Moderator (last edited Sep 03, 2019 01:58PM) (new)

SRC Moderator | 4543 comments Mod
20.8 - Nickels & Dimes - Peg W's Task: The Scents of Fall

Nickels and Dimes are cents, which led me to think of the scents of fall. Choose from one of the options below and read one book that fits that option. Required: State which option you chose when posting.

Option 1: Where I live in Arizona we don't have all the seasonal outdoor changes as other places do. It does mean I can begin to do more baking and bring my cooking indoors without worrying about heating up my kitchen. Having the freshly baked aromas throughout the house remind me of fall.

For this option, read a book written by a single author whose initials can be found in the words BAKED GOODS. All initials must be found in the target phrase.

Option 2: The smells of fall often have an earthy smell, like maple and pine, each unique to our own locations or memories.

For this option, read a book of at least 3 words in the TITLE only, subtitles do not count, where each initial letter can be found in the word FRAGRANT.

message 2: by Peg (new)

Peg | 389 comments Reserved

message 3: by Peg (new)

Peg | 389 comments Reserved

message 4: by SRC Moderator (new)

SRC Moderator | 4543 comments Mod
This thread is now open.

message 5: by Deedee (last edited Oct 28, 2019 12:06AM) (new)

Deedee | 2078 comments Would Arthur & George count for Option 2?

frAGrAnt

with "&" counting as "A"nd

Thanks

message 6: by Peg (new)

Peg | 389 comments Initially my impulse was to say yes, but after reading the FAQ's under titles, it states:

If a task calls for the initial letter of each word to be found in a target word or phrase, the number or symbol must be found in that target word or phrase. And, if the title must begin with a specific letter, a number or symbol will not count as a letter.

Based on this, I would have to say it would not work.

message 7: by Deedee (new)

Deedee | 2078 comments Peg wrote: "Initially my impulse was to say yes, but after reading the FAQ's under titles, it states:

If a task calls for the initial letter of each word to be found in a target word or phrase, the number or ..."

Thanks for the reply