50 books to read before you die discussion

What Are You Reading > What are you currently reading that's not on the list

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christine (last edited Sep 03, 2019 02:55AM) (new)

Christine Feel free to tell us which book you are currently reading, why you chose it and what do you think of it so far.

message 2: by Kayleigh (last edited Sep 18, 2019 01:39PM) (new)

Kayleigh | 77 comments I'm currently reading Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons
Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons
it's from the BBC big read list.
I feel this line from the blurb sums it up perfectly 'A hilarious and merciless parody of rural melodramas'.
The cows at the farm are named Graceless, Pointless, Feckless and Aimless. Needless to say I'm loving it up to now.

message 3: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Mills (nancyfaym) | 71 comments Just finished The Truth About the Harry Quebert Affair ... couldn't put it down! More twists and turns than the tail of the dragon!

message 4: by Sue (new)

Sue (minnez6) | 4 comments What the Wind Knows by Amy Harmon.

message 5: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Fogelstrom | 15 comments I always have several books going at once. I read according to my mood. Sometimes I am looking for easy leisurely reading type books, other times I'm in the mood for a great classic, I always love nature books, sometimes it's fantasy or rarely a biography. What I currently have on my reading table not on the list is Writing Down Your Soul by Janet Conner, Redwall by Brian Jacques, and The Hidden Life of Trees by Peter Wohlleben. All shaping up to be great books. Oh yeah and a book on 50 fundamental principals of physics that one I am taking my time through.

message 6: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Fogelstrom | 15 comments Kayleigh wrote: "I'm currently reading Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons
Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons
it's from the BBC big read list.
I feel this line from the blurb sums it up perfectly 'A hilarious..."

Oh Kayleigh thank you for this post I've added it to my TBR list. It looks fantastic.

message 7: by Sam (new)

Sam | 16 comments currently reading slowly not having much time due to work but making my way through Washington Black which is so far a good book, bit diffent to what I usually read . Also listening to an audio version of Anna Karenina which is enjoyable but a bit slow but that may be due to the narrator

message 8: by Sue (new)

Sue (minnez6) | 4 comments Starting The Water Dancer by Ta~Nehisi Coates.
Anxious to get really dip into the book.

message 9: by Kayleigh (new)

Kayleigh | 77 comments Morgan wrote: "I always have several books going at once. I read according to my mood. Sometimes I am looking for easy leisurely reading type books, other times I'm in the mood for a great classic, I always love ..."

That is an eclectic range of books your reading there. You're reading Redwall! I really enjoyed it, hope you are too. I've finished Cold Comfort Farm now and it is fantastic, a thoroughly enjoyable read, you will love it.

message 10: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Fogelstrom | 15 comments Kayleigh wrote: "Morgan wrote: "I always have several books going at once. I read according to my mood. Sometimes I am looking for easy leisurely reading type books, other times I'm in the mood for a great classic,..."

Just finished up both Red Wall and the Writing Down Your Soul books. I adored Red Wall. I know there is a whole series of these books and I might go on to read more. I can get burn out on series though so I might put it off for a bit.

message 11: by Christine (last edited Oct 14, 2019 10:43AM) (new)

Christine I recently read The Testaments by Margaret Atwood. It's the follow up the The Handmaids Tale and ties up all the loose ends, great read.

message 12: by Sue (new)

Sue (minnez6) | 4 comments I am currently reading The Water Dancer by Ta~Nehisi Coates. Wonderful read. I can hardly put it down.