Play Book Tag discussion

2016-19 Activities & Challenges > The Children of Men by P.D. James> Crossposted to the August TRM

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by DianeMP (last edited Sep 03, 2019 12:37AM) (new)

DianeMP | 390 comments The Children of Men
This topic is about The Children of Men
August 2019: 21st Century > The Children of Men by P.D. James> Crossposted to the August TRM (edit)

3 stars
The human race has become infertile, and the last generation to be born is now adult. Civilization itself is crumbling as suicide and despair become commonplace. Oxford historian Theodore Faron, apathetic toward a future without a future, spends most of his time reminiscing. Then he is approached by Julian, a bright, attractive woman who wants him to help get her an audience with the cousin, the powerful Warden of England. She and her band of unlikely revolutionaries may just awaken his desire to live. . . and they may also hold the key to survival for the human race.
Generally I liked the book. It seemed to be a little light on the details of the basic storyline. It read more like a short story. Nine times out of ten the book is much better than the movie interpretation. But this may be that one of ten where the movie was better than the book. The movie supplies more details and feels more fleshed out than the book. An example of this would be the difference between the way immigration is handled in the book as opposed to the movie. The book glosses over the overall treatment of the subject, but the movie is much more specific in the way immigrants were treated. All in all I liked the book, but loved the movie.

message 2: by LibraryCin (last edited Sep 03, 2019 08:25PM) (new)

LibraryCin | 8016 comments Hi, Diane. I think you set this up the same way as the last one.

I'm going to try to break this down for you a little more.

1. Highlight and copy what you've posted/typed here.

2. Click this link:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

3. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page.

4. In the empty "comment" box at the bottom, paste your review. (Put your cursor in the comment box, right click, select Paste.)

Does that help?

message 3: by DianeMP (new)

DianeMP | 390 comments LibraryCin wrote: "Hi, Diane. I think you set this up the same way as the last one.

I'm going to try to break this down for you a little more.

1. Highlight and copy what you've posted/typed here.

2. Click this li..."

I think I have it correct now. Thank you for your help getting it right.

message 4: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8016 comments YAY! I see it there. Good job, Diane! You got it!

message 5: by DianeMP (new)

DianeMP | 390 comments Thanks Cin, I think I need a tutorial on how to post in various catagories.