Period Six - Independent Reading Updates discussion

November 2019 > Reading Update #1

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Miss (last edited Nov 12, 2019 09:28AM) (new)

Miss Miller | 5 comments Mod
DUE DATE: Friday, 11/15.

Update us on your progress in your independent reading book here! Remember to search for your book title and include the page number in your post. You should write 3 to 5 sentences.

Your post should answer one, or multiple, of the questions below:

What do I like about the book so far?
What do I dislike about the book so far?
What is happening in my book right now and how am I reacting to it?
Who are the characters? How are they progressing as the story goes on?
How is the plot progressing? What is happening in the book?
What are some predictions I have?
Is this a type of book I usually read?

message 2: by Ivan (new)

Ivan Vega | 3 comments To be honest, this book Marcus Vega doesn't speak Spanish isn't a genre I normally read but it had my last name in it and I am also in 8th Grade and also I have a hard time speaking spanish even though I am Puerto Rican. I like this book because it shows that you can be bullied no matter how tall you are and you can protect those that are weaker than you and I am where Marcus is picking up his brother from group therapy and he is going home.

message 3: by Trevor (last edited Nov 12, 2019 09:35AM) (new)

Trevor | 4 comments This is a type of book that I usually read because harry potter is book that has many odd things going on. I usually read books like this because they are funny. I like the way the books have cool things nothing else has.

message 4: by Courtney (last edited Nov 13, 2019 09:27AM) (new)

Courtney | 5 comments Allies
What I like about this book so far is that it tells different stories of what people went through and what they contributed during D-Day. I don't like that the characters stories change right before something good or exciting is about to happen. There are 4 characters, Dee, Samira, James, and Henry. I have only been introduced to Dee and Samira. I predict that at least two of the characters will meet eventually. This is not the type of book I normally read, I normally read books that are fantasy or mystery but this isn't either. I am really enjoying this book!

message 5: by Marwa (new)

Marwa Mustafa | 5 comments Mister Death's Blue-Eyed Girls

So far my book is taking place in 1955. It is based on an actual crime, where two girls were murdered in the woods. The main character is Nora was actually Cheryl and Bobby Jo's friend ( the girls who were murdered). Everyone thinks that Buddy ( Cheryl's ex boyfriend) killed the girl. However Nora doesn't think he did. So far I like this book, because it is interesting and I really want to know to killed Cheryl and Bobby Jo. I don't think that Buddy murdered them.

message 6: by Brayden (last edited Nov 13, 2019 09:37AM) (new)

Brayden Starner | 3 comments The Book I am reading is 19 vol of FullMetal Alchemist, currently the main characters are Edward Elric, Alphonse Elric, King Bradley, Scar, and Solf J. Kimblee. Edward and Alphonse are trying to get their original bodies back after trying to get their mother back using Alchemy. Though

message 7: by Shamhad (new)

Shamhad | 6 comments The Prisoner of Cell 25
The main characters are Michael Vey, Ostin Liss, and Taylor Ridley. At this point some of Michaels bullies beat him up and he ac

message 8: by Gregory (new)

Gregory Elicker | 4 comments On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness
On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness, by Andrew Peterson.
(Pg#.60)
Personally, so far I am greatly enjoying this plot as it repeatedly keeps me guessing with it's interesting plot and how descriptive it is. I enjoy this book so far as the characters each have clear personalities that make the story more interesting to read

message 9: by Colyn (new)

Colyn Kitchen | 5 comments The book i'm reading is wereworld into the wolf

message 10: by Gabby (last edited Nov 13, 2019 09:36AM) (new)

Gabby L.H | 2 comments Insurgent
So far what I like about this book is the genre, it pulls me in and I feel like I'm actually in the book. I've also watched the movies before reading the books so it's more interesting and I understand the book more. I usually read mysterious and action books and Insurgent is like that. So the book I'm reading so far is great.

message 11: by Nate (new)

Nate | 4 comments Scouts
So far in this book is a really good book and many parts are very interesting. Right now in the book they are kids and like scouting around just a small group of kids that hangout and do adventures why they call each other scouts. There is a group of kids that come and go and the main characters name is a boy named fynn. This is not a type of book I usually read because I usually read sport books but this one is interesting and good to read so far.

message 12: by Steven (last edited Nov 13, 2019 09:31AM) (new)

Steven Bernstein | 2 comments Calculus for Dummies I am currently on page 271 where I'm learning integration by parts (finding the area under a curve for difficult equations). Before that I learned about how to solve basic integrals (area under a curve with simple equations) by substituting variables, why integration works, the basics of derivatives (the slope of a straight AND CURVED line) and its applications, and the concept of limits (when a point on a line is undefined or can only be reached through infinity).

message 13: by Tyler (last edited Nov 13, 2019 09:30AM) (new)

Tyler Weicht | 4 comments Deadly Aim: The Civil War Story of Michigan's Anishinaabe Sharpshooters talk about they in a war the president Lincoln. Another thing is that the are going to war. African american are slaves and they are helping in war to.

message 14: by Anna (new)

Anna Collins | 5 comments I am reading Bubble by Stewart Foster. I really like how this is a real thing thatś going on in the world and I get an understanding of what it's like. The characters seem to really care for eachother and want to help one another. Right now I am just really learning about the characters and what situations theyre in.

message 15: by Sophia (new)

Sophia Correll | 4 comments My book is very good. In the beginning of the story it is pretty slow and boring, but when you start to hit the middle of the book, the good parts of the story start to happen. The plot starts to get very interesting and I really like it so far. This Is Where It Ends

message 16: by Sophia (new)

Sophia | 5 comments The Lovely Bones

I like this book so far because It is a mystery,what I don't like about it is that it from the beginning it tells you what happened and who did it.This is a type of genre I like to read because I like to solve things.

message 17: by Olivia (new)

Olivia | 2 comments my favorite part about riverdale is how the author did the book from each chararcts point of views. the only thing i dont like is how slowly paced it is. well right now in the book ariche is put on trial for murder that his girlfriedns

message 18: by Azhan (new)

Azhan Nadeem | 2 comments The book I am reading is really fun and really creepy it is also really suspenseful and I just started the book 3 days ago and I am already on chapter 4 it is called Twilight

message 19: by Sybella (new)

Sybella DeMaio | 5 comments Holding Up the Universe

I am on page 342

So far, I really like this book. I like how the book is written in two different point of views. The book will switch back and forth from the girls view and the guys view. I also like how to boy and the girl has both gotten over adversity. Yet, I don't like how stuck up the boy is acting in the book, and how he won´t open up about his problems.

message 20: by Shamhad (new)

Shamhad | 6 comments The Prisoner of Cell 25The Prisoner of Cell 25

page 103

The main characters are Michael Vey, Ostin Liss, and Taylor Ridley. At some point some of Michaels bullies beat him up and he actually used his power that was supposed to be hidden. Then some conflict comes up and Michaels mom gets kidnapped and so does Taylor, who also has powers.... read it find out more

message 21: by Colyn (new)

Colyn Kitchen | 5 comments the book i finished reading was dungeons and dragons, dungeon master's guide and it is a basic guide to forming your own campaign in the dungeons and dragons world. it tells you all of the basics and is a great book for someone who wants to make there own story.