Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > Trouble removing a book from an author's profile

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lais (last edited Sep 02, 2019 11:58PM) (new)

Lais | 187 comments Hi Librarians and staff,
I tried removing a book from an author's profile under her request but it still shows there and I can't figure out why.
This is the author: Virginia S. Anderson . This is the book that is incorrectly attributed to her: God in Chains
I changed the book's author, which was set to "Virginia S. Anderson" to "V.S. Anderson" (as in the book's cover), which didn't exist on goodreads yet. I did that for both editions of the book. It now shows on a new author profile, but it still shows on Virginia S. Anderson's profile as well. She's not set as a secondary author for either edition or anything like that. I can't figure out why it won't disappear from her profile. Am I missing something?
And for future reference, because I couldn't find that out: in such situations do I have to change the author's name on all editions of the book that is incorrectly attributed, or is there a way to move the whole book with all of its editions at once?
Thanks!

message 2: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 19989 comments Author pages are heavily cached and can take up to 2-3 days to completely update.

The page "Books by [author]" is a page that usually updates immediately. For this author: https://www.goodreads.com/author/list... shows that God in Chains is no longer listed on this author profile.

message 3: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 19989 comments Lais wrote: "And for future reference, because I couldn't find that out: in such situations do I have to change the author's name on all editions of the book that is incorrectly attributed, or is there a way to move the whole book with all of its editions at once?"

Every edition of the book has to be edited manually.

message 4: by Lais (new)

Lais | 187 comments Lais wrote: "Hi Librarians and staff,
I tried removing a book from an author's profile under her request but it still shows there and I can't figure out why.
This is the author: [author:Virginia S. Anderson|490..."

Great! I tried waiting a while and clearing my browser's cache and it still hadn't changed so I wondered if there was something wrong.
Thanks for the reply!