Terminalcoffee discussion

Sharing Time: > How was your summer?

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by RandomAnthony (last edited Sep 01, 2009 11:46AM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Today is the first day of meteorological autumn, as opposed to the astrological or the Labor Day designation. And it felt like fall this morning with frost on my car...Jim probably had more.

How was your summer? Highlights? Lowlights? Rating from one to ten?

And you can desperately pretend summer's still here, people. Good luck with that:)

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

No frost here, but absolutely loving the weather, this is a perfect weather week for me, low of 50 high around 75. What the hell am I doing at work.

message 3: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Not working, Mr. "on Goodreads..."

:)

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I'm not ready to speak of summer in the past tense yet, RA.
I'm hoping for some Indian summer weather once the kids are back in school, looking wistfully outside through the windows...

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Technically not working, but still at work.

message 6: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Reasonable distinction, I must admit...

message 7: by RandomAnthony (last edited Sep 01, 2009 12:04PM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Cold's coming!!! Cold's coming, Jackie!!! Get ready to carry that turkey home in your backpack!

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments The weather has turned absolutely gorgeous here. The humidity is gone, and the temperature is in the 70s.

Other than the heat, I have no proof that summer has been and gone. I completely lost this one. We only had one barbecue. I can't believe it's September already.

message 9: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Damn. I'll have to put away my white attire this week.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Fine, then. Just... fine. I can't say I didn't have a good summer, because I did get to go to Hawaii, and swam in the lake. Once. And went camping.

But it really went by so darn fast, and though there were some hot days, there weren't enough warm days in a row. Especially weekend days. Like, it's supposed to rain this weekend.

So. Fine, summer's over. I will THROW myself into autumn with abandon! I will go to the pumpkin patch, and the corn maze (I do love corn mazes), and try some new soup recipes.

And I'll buy some new wings for my blue fairy costume, because my old ones shredded, and take my nieces trick or treating and eat lots of Fun Size candy, but not Tootsie Rolls, which are sticky waxy bleaghy candy. And I'll eat caramel apples and make pumpkin pie and ooh and aah at the leaves changing. I'll watch scary old movies (but not gory slasher movies because those are just dumb).

I will just JUMP into fall roll around in all the delights of the season. If I can't have more summer, I'll make it the BEST AUTUMN EVER. So THERE!!!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Larry wrote: "Damn. I'll have to put away my white attire this week."

Don't do it Larry!

message 12: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I'm impressed Jackie. You set an excellent example for us all.

message 13: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Jacks, I loved that, BUT HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE TOOTSIE ROLLS!!!

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments RandomAnthony wrote: "Jacks, I loved that, BUT HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE TOOTSIE ROLLS!!!"

Did you miss the part where I say Tootsie Rolls are sticky waxy bleaghy candy, RA?

message 15: by Sarah (last edited Sep 01, 2009 12:25PM) (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Larry wrote: "Damn. I'll have to put away my white attire this week."

At least the shoes. You don't want to risk it.

message 16: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments puts back of hand on forehead, swoons with shock, falls forward

message 17: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) We are amused.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments :::waves a Tootsie Roll under RA's nose until he revives:::

There's sure a lot of fainting around here lately!

message 19: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I'd like the jury of my peers to note that Jackie made no attempt to catch me...

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

RandomAnthony wrote: "I'd like the jury of my peers to note that Jackie made no attempt to catch me..."

I don't think any of us did if that makes it any better.

message 21: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17320 comments Mod
Why is Kathleen Turner in this thread?

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Sally wrote: "Why is Kathleen Turner in this thread?"

I think it was a threat for Larry to ditch his white shoes.

message 23: by Sally, la reina (new)

Um...

message 24: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I have until next Monday, if I understand the rules correctly.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I was supposed to catch you, RA? With a butterfly net?

Sally wrote: "Why is Kathleen Turner in this thread?"

Serial Mom takes fashion rules VERY SERIOUSLY, Sally.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111127/

message 26: by Sally, la reina (new)

So she'll poke Larry in the foot with those scissors if he doesn't change his shoes?

I'm overwhelmed.

*lays down for third nap of the day*

message 27: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) *puts a 3 next to Sally's name*

message 28: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments I'm still gonna wear white and sandals and patent leather. So nyah.

message 29: by Félix (last edited Sep 01, 2009 12:57PM) (new)

Félix (habitseven) Well ... in Arkansas ... oops, never mind.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, what Larry wouldn't say! :-).

message 31: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Larry wrote: "Well ... in Arkansas ... oops, never mind."

You BEST be careful where you tread with that one, Larry.

message 32: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) *sneaks away quietly*

message 33: by Stephen (new)

Stephen (stephenT) Summer? You mean the three months where we had not one day hit 90 in July, only two in August, but June was our hottest month? Strictly from the weather point of view, it was FREAKY.

Now when winter comes, I fear the Bluegrass will suffer from snow, ice, and possible attacks by Pterodactyls.

message 34: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Stephen wrote: "Summer? You mean the three months where we had not one day hit 90 in July, only two in August, but June was our hottest month? Strictly from the weather point of view, it was FREAKY.

Now when ..."

I second that.

message 35: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments my summer has been peachy. that is all

message 36: by Matthieu (new)

Matthieu | 1009 comments My summer was boring... but relaxing.

message 37: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Matt wrote: "My summer was boring... but relaxing."

Did you EVER make it to Cali, Matt?

message 38: by Matthieu (last edited Sep 03, 2009 11:01AM) (new)

Matthieu | 1009 comments No. And I'm pretty bummed about it. Stupid research project/family...

message 39: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Your family wasn't your stupid research project, I'm presuming?

message 40: by Stephen (new)

Stephen (stephenT) You always have us, Matt.

message 41: by Heidi (last edited Sep 03, 2009 02:41PM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Matt wrote: "No. Two different problems.

Sister's birthday/grandmother's birthday/continued work on a crucial project = no fun for me."

Well, I'm sure there was a bit (just a smidgeon) of fun in there somewhere... just not the kind of fun you preferred, maybe? :)

message 42: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments oh yeah, meant to say, my summer has been peachy

message 43: by Stephen (new)

Stephen (stephenT) Kevin, are all your summers fruity? :-)