Laugh out Loud Book Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
The Older Threads > October Winner: The Reader!!

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 01, 2009 04:11PM) (new)

Hey everyone. It's that time again. I am opening up this thread for everyone to nominate the book they would like to read in October. Because we will be continuing the Lord of the Rings Series, we will only vote one more book in addition to The Two Towers. Anyone that would like to nominate can nominate up to 2 books and please include rather the link to the book or the author of the book in order to eliminate confusion. Thanks everyone!

EDIT: I forgot to say when nominations would be ending! Usually I would go until Sunday, but because Monday is a holiday, I will leave nominations open until then and open the polls on Tuesday morning.

message 3: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 01, 2009 03:41PM) (new)

Looks good Shanna. I'm going to nominate Savvy because I have heard good reviews for it.

message 4: by Shanna (last edited Sep 01, 2009 03:52PM) (new)

Shanna | 145 comments Once i nominated Audrey wait i realized it was October we're nominating for and I want to read something "Halloweeny". So I would like to also nominate Dark Harvest

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh good idea! I will see if I can come up with a second nomination that is a little more spooky as well.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I will also nominate Coraline. Everything I have read from Neil Gaiman so far I have liked.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I forgot to post when nominations will be ending, but have added it now (see above).

message 8: by Priscilla (last edited Sep 01, 2009 04:21PM) (new)

Priscilla VdL (dunnopris) I nominate The Reader by Bernhard Schlink ....And: The Savage Garden by Mark Mills :D

message 9: by Abbie (new)

Abbie (abbiebum) | 205 comments No offense but i CANNOT Stand Coraline. it scared the mess out of me in fourth grade...

It's tuesday afternoon-Is that OK?
I nominate 1984 by George Orwell
And Once Upon A Marigold by Jean Ferris

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I will add them to the poll. I forgot to say the poll was open anyway.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh and I'm not offended. I haven't read it yet. I just added it because I like Neil Gaiman's writing. Maybe I should have done The Graveyard Book, I loved that book.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I edited the poll to include your books Spiderlily.

message 13: by Abbie (new)

Abbie (abbiebum) | 205 comments thank you so much.:)

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Your Welcome!

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks to everyone who voted for our October group read. The winner by majority vote is: The Reader by Bernhard Schlink! We will also be continuing the Lord of the Rings Trilogy with The Two Towers.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.