2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #2 discussion

The Prey (Predator Trilogy, #1)
This topic is about The Prey
The Prey > Question Q

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 4850 comments Mod
What’s your opinion of Rowan? Did it change from the beginning of the story? What about John? Their romance?

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1257 comments She was a tad high on the angst scale and her woe is me martyr was over the top. I didn't especially like her. It really didn't change. I really liked John and was sad at the guilt he felt over Michael's death. Michael was too close and needed to get some distance. Their romance was tough for me, I really didn't like Rowan.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 653 comments I, too, did not come to love Rowan. The martyr trope puts me off as much as too many TSTL acts in a book. I came to like John better as the book went on, but I was so disappointed that Michael was written out. I would like to have seen the brothers together working out this issue.

I disliked Rowan intensely...until I learned about what had happened to her and her family. I admired how she attempted to save Peter and Dani. To have witnessed the massacre of her sisters and mother had to have left her seriously damaged, and it did. By the end of the story, I moved to “like okay.”

I really liked John and he definitely has skills. He sees something admirable in Rowan, a similar make up so for that, I’m happy he found her. He be at his best with someone like her so their romance worked for me.

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1257 comments They filled the empty places each had.

Charlene wrote: "I, too, did not come to love Rowan. The martyr trope puts me off as much as too many TSTL acts in a book. I came to like John better as the book went on, but I was so disappointed that Michael was ..."

I really wish they’d had a conversation before he died. Bobby shared that with Rowan so I assume she’ll pass that on to John.

Anita wrote: "They filled the empty places each had."

That’s it!