Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group discussion

Monthly Reading Challenges > Changing Up the Monthly Challenges

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 9734 comments Mod
It's Danielle Your Mod sending you a friendly message about our monthly challenges. Life has gotten really busy for me (I'm back in school full time, working on an illustration degree, so I have lots of homework!). I definitely want to keep the monthly challenges going, if there's interest.
So I've decided to make them more user-friendly to assemble (and some variability that members might enjoy as well).

Each month I'll post a word bank, and the participants can create their own challenges based on the words/phrases they choose. The other rules are pretty much the same.

If you have suggestions challenges, feel free to comment below!

message 2: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

I'm sorry the monthly challenges fizzled. I just didn't have time to do them with my hectic school and work schedule. I hope to get that back on track this summer. I will work on one for June and try to get it posted later on today.

message 3: by Netanella (new)

Netanella | 192 comments Hi Danielle,

It's okay, there's no need to apologize. The world has been crazy lately, and if you're going to school and still working, then it's gotta be more so (the crazy part, that is).

Maybe another active group member can take on the task of coordinating a monthly DHASG challenge? Something easier, as you said before, where we just spell out word(s) using the titles, etc.

message 4: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Thanks, Netanella. I haven't had anyone step up who's interested. I'd be fine with it.

message 5: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

So, my life and time is pretty restricted right now. I have one more semester left of school, and hopefully, I will have more free time after that. I don't know if I can do a monthly challenge anymore. If any other members want to volunteer to host monthly challenges, we could definitely use your help. Otherwise, I may have to switch to quarterly challenges.

message 6: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 1 comments Hi, I would be interested in hosting them but would need some information before picking that up.

message 7: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Hi, Ashley. If you wanted to start with a monthly challenge, you can set it up any way you want. Just establish the general rules, such as:

1. Books read during that month.
2. Books can only be read once.
3. Post stats on the thread.

I think those would be the really short list of rules. You can take a look at past challenges and they give you a feel. I basically did them the way I thought they would work, but they don't have to be exactly the way I set them up.

If you have more in depth questions, feel free to private message me or post questions here.

message 8: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Now that I am done with school, I plan to go back to creating monthly challenges starting in January!