A Long Story Short discussion

The History of Bees (Klimakvartetten, #1)
This topic is about The History of Bees
HISTORY OF BEES Sept 2019 > Pre-Read/First Impressions

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by A Long Story (last edited Oct 01, 2019 07:06AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

A Long Story  Short Co. (alongstoryshortco) | 79 comments Mod
This thread is intended to et us know who is joining this month's read of The History of Bees, why you may not be joining this read, why you're interested in the book, what you think of the first few chapters, your first impressions, your hopes for the story and characters, etc. This will still be a NO SPOILER ZONE so please no spoilers. On September 15th we will post the open discussion where you may discuss ANY aspect of the novel!

Happy Reading!

Alyssa Stricklin I'm excited to read this one because this is the first time I'll be able to join this group in discussing a book! I just paid for a Scribd subscription (highly recommend), so I have easier access to this book.

message 3: by A Long Story (last edited Sep 15, 2019 11:33AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

A Long Story  Short Co. (alongstoryshortco) | 79 comments Mod
Alyssa wrote: "I'm excited to read this one because this is the first time I'll be able to join this group in discussing a book! I just paid for a Scribd subscription (highly recommend), so I have easier access t..."

Yay!! So glad you're able to join!!

message 4: by Katelyn (new) - added it

Katelyn  R. (katelynhope) | 46 comments I am reading this book this month too! I am moving pretty slowly thought now that school is back in session. I am on like chapter 4? So far, I find the differences between the time era's pretty interesting. Tao's timeline is frightening and sadly quite possibly realistic if we keep heading in the environmental direction that lots do. Without honey bees many species, including humans would die off within a few years.

Alyssa Stricklin Katelyn wrote: "I am reading this book this month too! I am moving pretty slowly thought now that school is back in session. I am on like chapter 4? So far, I find the differences between the time era's pretty int..."

I'm reading it pretty slowly during school too, but it's interesting to see the connections between the time periods based on the role of bees and how each character interacts with that.

message 6: by Joy (new)

Joy Hicks (joyellehix) | 1 comments I started reading this. Caught me with the first chapter. Carrying 2 books around with me so I can grab a few minutes with this one.