Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Priest of Bones (War for the Rose Throne, #1)
This topic is about Priest of Bones
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > McLean - Priest of Bones [Dec 1, 2019]

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new) - added it

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4424 comments Mod
Priest of Bones - Peter McLean
Priest of Bones (War for the Rose Throne #1) by Peter McLean
December 1, 2019.
Requested by Lizz.

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 80 comments I have started it and I am just having a hard time caring about the characters but I think it is just want the author kind of wanted.

Shae | 372 comments Hey there Lizz :-)

I just finished reading Priest of Bones via whispersync on my Kindle and Audible - for me, this is one case of where the narrator (David Morley Hale) absolutely bought the story to life. He gave the voice of Tomas Piety a sort of grandfatherly/British gangster tone which I found really engaging.

Would definitely recommend the Audible version of this one (as narrated by David Morley Hale) - one of very few occasions where I found listening to the story much more entertaining than reading it myself :-)

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 80 comments I had to DNF this book but I will try to pick up the audible and try it again.

Shae | 372 comments Fair enough Lizz - really hope you enjoy the Audible version if you get a chance to give it a go :-)

message 7: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia (vinjii) | 1054 comments Is anybody else reading this?

message 8: by Chris (new) - added it

Chris  (haughtc) | 1629 comments I'm thinking about it.

I actually had started in the summer and liked it quite a bit through the first 70 pages or so. Then other stuff caused me to put it on the back burner. After so long, I want to start over when I get back to it.

I just have to figure out if I can squeeze it in now.

message 9: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia (vinjii) | 1054 comments Just wondering because it is right here on my shelf 😂

message 10: by Chris (new) - added it

Chris  (haughtc) | 1629 comments I'm thinking I'd like to go for it. It's fairly short, and since I have it in paperback form it's easily transported to work. Perfect for lunch breaks.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Priest of Bones (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Peter McLean (other topics)