2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #2 discussion

The Prey (Predator Trilogy, #1)
This topic is about The Prey
The Prey > Question J

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 4850 comments Mod
Rowan’s childhood tragic was horrific. Did you understand why she fought to keep it from John and Michael?

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1257 comments Yes, I do. No one wants to be defined or pitied by something that happened to them. She kept it bottled up tight and it became something that did define her because of that.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 653 comments I think it would be exceedingly difficult to open up about one's horrific childhood, especially when Rowan was convinced that there was no connection between her past and the present crimes. She felt it was a copycat reader-murderer.

I’m the outlier here. If she were an ordinary citizen without training, I’d be more understanding. But she’s a well trained former agent and fully understood the import of holding back this information. Rowan just decided, by herself, that it wasn’t relevant. Just like Roger held back information from her, her holding back slowed the investigation.

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1257 comments It was tough for her being a former agent. She knew the information was important, but she made the judgment call that it didn't pertain to the current murders. It really wasn't her call to make.

Exactly, Anita! She wasn’t in charge of those murder investigations.