2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #2 discussion

The Prey (Predator Trilogy, #1)
This topic is about The Prey
The Prey > Question H

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 4882 comments Mod
Was Michael jealous of John or was it just ego? Was he behaving unprofessionally with Rowan?

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1275 comments Michael was jealous of John. I think he picked up on the vibes between John and Rowan.

If she had returned Michael's feelings, it wasn't unprofessional. But she made it clear that she wasn't interested in Michael and he was making her very uncomfortable and that was very unprofessional.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 653 comments Again, I think Anita has hit this nail on the head; nothing to add.

While there was a bit of ego in there, jealousy seemed to be Michael’s main problem with John. He resented him joining the job and kept reminding him that he was in charge, even though they were supposed to be partners.

I thought he was unprofessional, no matter if Rowan returned his feelings as she was deliberately manipulating him because he was being so obvious. And, he wasn’t doing his job properly. John, on the other hand, had even stronger feelings for Rowan and knew she felt similarly but never stopped doing what was necessary. Take for example those beach runs. Michael’s watching her while John is looking in all directions for a threat.

Michael’s unprofessional behavior got him killed.

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1275 comments Ouch, but true.

It was actually hard to state that.

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1275 comments My biggest regret in this book, or any book for a long time now, is the death of Michael.