2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #2 discussion

The Prey (Predator Trilogy, #1)
This topic is about The Prey
The Prey > Question F

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 5934 comments Mod
Rowan is a former FBI agent and understands the significance of knowing all relevant information. Why was she holding back from everyone?

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1583 comments She didn't think that her past was relevant and it looked like it wasn't, at first. She didn't want to ever be defined by what had happened to her and her family.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 769 comments I agree with you, Anita. Who wants to relive something like that with total strangers?

I found her frustrating. She knew her past was somehow connected and innocent people were getting killed. We learn later that she’d confided in not only Roger but her two Academy roommates so this wasn’t a new position for her to be in. She is a former FBI agent and knew better. The only thing that made this understandable for me was her having lived in isolation the last four years and it was taking some time for her to adjust.

Christina T (crysteena73) | 102 comments I too was frustrated by her. As soon as the first victim was discovered with her book being involved she should have assumed her past was coming back to haunt her. She had a successful FBI career and none of the people she put away had been released so to me it was a bit obvious. With that said, however, Roger misled her most of her life about her brother. If she had that piece of information she would have connected these murders to her old life so much sooner.

The key thing here for me was she wasn’t in charge of the investigation, nor was she plugged in. As a former agent, she knew she wasn’t privy to everything going on and how critical it is for those in charge to have the full scope of information. Rowan knew better than the average citizen the cost of her silence.

Christina T (crysteena73) | 102 comments Yes even if her past was unrelated she should know how important even the smallest piece of information could be yet she purposely withheld information.

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1583 comments FBI Roger knew it all and he checked out Bobby and was assured he was still in jail. If anything about her past was important information to the current murders, he would have disclosed that information.

Except that Bobby was alive. She even said if she’d known that, it would have made a difference. And that’s the point. As soon as John learned that, he was able to determine Bobby had escaped.