2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #2 discussion

The Prey (Predator Trilogy, #1)
This topic is about The Prey
The Prey > Question D

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonetta (last edited Aug 31, 2019 03:41PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 4881 comments Mod
John knew the moment he saw Rowan and his brother together that Michael was already attracted to her but decided he was going after her himself anyway. Your thoughts about that moment?

message 2: by Anita (last edited Sep 01, 2019 03:57PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1275 comments Rowan made it plain that she didn't have those kinds of feelings for Michael. I was fine with John giving it his best shot.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 653 comments I was first a bit upset that John broke the brother code about first sight, etc. However, I agree with Anita that John knew he was struck by Rowan in a way Michael wasn't, and that Rowan only felt friendship as a top relationship with Michael. I did like him, though.

What Charlene said! At this point, I didn’t know either one of these two that well and felt critical of John. But when I learned this was a new, unusual feeling for him and how similar he and Rowan were wired, I understood it better. And I think he realized Michael just wanted to be her savior, as usual.

Christina T (crysteena73) | 102 comments Despite the crappy brother code breaking situation I was hating the possibility of Rowan and Michael together. I was so relieved when John came into the picture. He was a more obvious choice to me for Rowan. Michael grated on me. All the "Honey" and "Baby" type endearments when he was supposed be a professional just irritated me.

The first “honey” made me cringe immediately. First of all, Rowan wasn’t this weak person who needed cuddling. She was tough and cool. Where did he come off using a term of endearment towards her at this stage?

message 7: by Christina T (last edited Sep 05, 2019 05:22AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Christina T (crysteena73) | 102 comments Jonetta wrote: "The first “honey” made me cringe immediately. First of all, Rowan wasn’t this weak person who needed cuddling. She was tough and cool. Where did he come off using a term of endearment towards her a..."
The whole honey thing from a virtual stranger is a major peeve of mine. It bugs the heck out of me.

We’re definitely on the same page about that.

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1275 comments It made Rowan very uncomfortable too. That was one of the reasons I wasn't surprised when John showed up in the story.