Maryse's Book Blog WolfPack/Bridesmaids Meeting Place discussion

2019 ~ Monthly Challenges > September 2019 ~ Pick-for-Me Challenge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 116 (116 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
Pick for Me Challenge!!!

Come one, come all! You know you wanna...

1. Create a new shelf, or update the existing shelf on your Goodreads profile, that includes approximately 20 books that you would like to have someone else use to pick a book for you to read. Label it "Pick For Me." Only books from this designated shelf will be selected for this challenge, (no matter how badly some of us want to pick something else...hint hint, Nay, Marissa...*giggle*)!

2. Post in this thread that you want to participate this month. If you don't post here, I don't know you want in.

3. Provide the link to your Pick For Me shelf, (this will make it a bit easier for all parties involved... unless you all really *want* to read My Time in The Affair. *a new month, a new pick from me!*)

4. On September 2nd, someone...the hand of fate, maybe, will use the randomizer to pair up everyone. (Or worst case scenario, I really will pick for everyone, and you *know* what that means, *shifty eyes*)

5. Friend your partner who is picking for you or set your profile to public or your partner will not be able to access your shelf.

6. Post your selection for your partner in this thread.

7. Come back after finishing the book selected for you by your partner (even if it's after the month has ended) and let everybody know what you think about it, or at least that you've finished...or DNF'd it (another book off your list is always a win in our book!)

**The sign up period will remain open until pairs are posted on September 2nd and you'll have until September 5th to select a book for your partner or one of these other pick-happy little moppets will jump in and do it for you. (Sorry I'm late getting this post up!)**

Sample shelf: Grey's Pick For Me

~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~
~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~
pay no attention to these shelves...I just have the following ones saved

(view spoiler)

message 2: by Robin (new)

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1525 comments I'm skipping this month. I have Maggie on the brain and she won't leave me alone so I'll be writing in my spare time. Have fun!

message 3: by T. (new)

T. Rosado (trosado) | 336 comments Robin wrote: "I'm skipping this month. I have Maggie on the brain and she won't leave me alone so I'll be writing in my spare time. Have fun!"

I’m happy you’re writing, Robin, but sad it’s another month you won’t have the chance to pick for me!

I’m in, Grey!

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments I have to bow out this month also. Work is out of control and just no time to read right now 😢

message 5: by Michele (last edited Aug 31, 2019 07:37PM) (new)

Michele | 2128 comments Woohoo Robin is writing! I’m reading...so... I’m in! 😊. Thanks Grey!

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 6: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2128 comments Missing you Lisa!

message 7: by Robin (new)

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1525 comments T. wrote: "Robin wrote: "I'm skipping this month. I have Maggie on the brain and she won't leave me alone so I'll be writing in my spare time. Have fun!"

I’m happy you’re writing, Robin, but sad it’s another..."

I always pick for you! I just tell you on messenger!

message 8: by T. (last edited Aug 31, 2019 12:18PM) (new)

T. Rosado (trosado) | 336 comments Robin wrote: "T. wrote: "Robin wrote: "I'm skipping this month. I have Maggie on the brain and she won't leave me alone so I'll be writing in my spare time. Have fun!"

I’m happy you’re writing, Robin, but sad i..."

Right! And I’ve already planned on having you pick 1 of 2 choices for me if neither get picked in Sept. 😁

message 9: by Marissa (new)

Marissa (marissadonofrio) | 169 comments I’m in! (Umm just gotta finish my August PFM 😬)

message 10: by Layne (new)

Layne | 146 comments I’m in! (I’ll finish up my August PFM tonight 😉)

message 11: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments Robin wrote: "I'm skipping this month. I have Maggie on the brain and she won't leave me alone so I'll be writing in my spare time. Have fun!"

Yay! Its great to hear you are diving back into writing. I love the premise of this one.

message 12: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments Lisa wrote: "I have to bow out this month also. Work is out of control and just no time to read right now 😢"

Poo poo to work!

message 13: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments I am in!! 🤓

I revised my list https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 14: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments I'm in. :)

message 16: by T. (new)

message 17: by Nay (last edited Sep 01, 2019 06:07AM) (new)

message 18: by Melinda (new)

Melinda Ruyten | 1025 comments I’m in

message 19: by Melinda (new)

Melinda Ruyten | 1025 comments I’m actually going to Vietnam on 2nd September. So bare with me I might be in transit if the pick is slow.

message 20: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments I really, really hope I get to pick for T.!!!! 🤞🤞🤞

message 21: by T. (new)

T. Rosado (trosado) | 336 comments Leslie wrote: "I really, really hope I get to pick for T.!!!! 🤞🤞🤞"

Should I be scared, Leslie? 😬😂

message 22: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments T. wrote: "Leslie wrote: "I really, really hope I get to pick for T.!!!! 🤞🤞🤞"

Should I be scared, Leslie? 😬😂"

Nope, but be ready for the awesomeness that is Ghosted!! 😉

message 23: by T. (new)

T. Rosado (trosado) | 336 comments Leslie wrote: "T. wrote: "Leslie wrote: "I really, really hope I get to pick for T.!!!! 🤞🤞🤞"

Nope, but be ready for the awesomeness that is Ghosted!! 😉"

If you don't get my name, I'll let you pick it for me, anyway. 😜 Robin and now you have highly recommended it as a "must read soon!"

message 24: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2128 comments I second Ghosted!

message 25: by Marissa (new)

Marissa (marissadonofrio) | 169 comments I third it!!!

message 26: by Robin (new)

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1525 comments Michele wrote: "Woohoo Robin is writing! I’m reading...so... I’m in! 😊. Thanks Grey!

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list..."

💙🌸💙🌸

message 27: by Robin (new)

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1525 comments Leslie wrote: "Robin wrote: "I'm skipping this month. I have Maggie on the brain and she won't leave me alone so I'll be writing in my spare time. Have fun!"

Yay! Its great to hear you are diving back into writi..."

Me too! I'm loving this part of it!!

message 28: by Robin (new)

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1525 comments T. wrote: "Leslie wrote: "T. wrote: "Leslie wrote: "I really, really hope I get to pick for T.!!!! 🤞🤞🤞"

Nope, but be ready for the awesomeness that is Ghosted!! 😉"

If you do..."

Wait? You STILL haven't read Ghosted? How are we even friends?!

message 29: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments Robin wrote: "T. wrote: "Leslie wrote: "T. wrote: "Leslie wrote: "I really, really hope I get to pick for T.!!!! 🤞🤞🤞"

Nope, but be ready for the awesomeness that is Ghosted!! 😉"..."

I feel like re-reading Ghosted. That's how much I loved it.

message 30: by Kim (new)

Kim Carter | 140 comments I am out this month - the only reading I have been doing the past two months is excel spreadsheets - thank God for audio books, but I have to listen to something that I don't need to pay attention to. I will be back in the game in October.

message 31: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2128 comments We’ll miss you Kim!

message 32: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments Tessa wrote: "Robin wrote: "T. wrote: "Leslie wrote: "T. wrote: "Leslie wrote: "I really, really hope I get to pick for T.!!!! 🤞🤞🤞"

Nope, but be ready for the awesomeness that i..."

And see, now I'm re-reading Ghosted. :) YOUR FAULT! :P Actually to be honest, I really did adore it that much that I can re-read it again.

message 33: by T. (new)

T. Rosado (trosado) | 336 comments Marissa wrote: "I third it!!!"

Tessa wrote: "Tessa wrote: "Robin wrote: "T. wrote: "Leslie wrote: "T. wrote: "Leslie wrote: "I really, really hope I get to pick for T.!!!! 🤞🤞🤞"

Nope, but be ready for the awes..."

Whoever gets chosen as my PFM has some serious pressure on them now. Thanks, ladies!

message 34: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments Tessa, I'm going to do re-read sometime too. I read it first time, this time I will do audio as its on Hoopla!

message 35: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
I will be picking here momentarily...if anyone else wants in. where's Jean???

message 36: by T. (new)

T. Rosado (trosado) | 336 comments Leslie wrote: "Tessa, I'm going to do re-read sometime too. I read it first time, this time I will do audio as its on Hoopla!"

I think I might listen to it, as well. It's on both Hoopla and Audible Escape. Lots of choices.

message 37: by Lynette (new)

Lynette Habak (lhabak) | 86 comments I am in if it isn’t too late!

message 38: by T. (new)

T. Rosado (trosado) | 336 comments Lynette wrote: "I am in if it isn’t too late!"

Maybe PM Grey to catch her before she draws the names?

message 39: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
not too late! omg. life is totally interfering here, LOL! Robin just messaged me. Today was first official day back to school and it's been insane in my office. I am voice texting on my way home. soon as I get there I will do the random draw. sorry for being a flake!♥️

message 40: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments Grey, I am glad you are ok, I was getting a little worried. Take your time, we can wait.

message 41: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2128 comments Grey wrote: "not too late! omg. life is totally interfering here, LOL! Robin just messaged me. Today was first official day back to school and it's been insane in my office. I am voice texting on my way home. s..."

It's all good! Just glad all is good with you!

message 42: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
Grey picks for Layne
T. picks for Tessa
Michele picks for Lynette
Marissa picks for Judy
Layne picks for Michele
Leslie picks for Melinda
Tessa picks for Grey
Judy picks for Renee
Nay picks for Marissa
Melinda picks for T.
Lynette picks for Leslie

message 43: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2128 comments Lynette, I've gotta go with Someone Else's Ocean by Kate Stewart . I loved it and I think you will too!!

As a sidenote, I really loved The Last Hour of Gann but it's super long. When you have time, you should definitely try to read it.

message 44: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
It was another very easy pick for me. Layne, I hope you enjoy Unloved by Katy Regnery !

message 45: by Marissa (new)

Marissa (marissadonofrio) | 169 comments Hey Judy! My pick for you is Footsteps (Pagano Family, #1) by Susan Fanetti . If I see Susan Fanetti on a list, I’m always picking her. She’s ridiculously underrated and so unbelievably talented! I hope you enjoy it!

message 46: by Marissa (new)

Marissa (marissadonofrio) | 169 comments Grey wrote: "It was another very easy pick for me. Layne, I hope you enjoy Unloved by Katy Regnery!"

Great pick, Grey! You’re going to love this book, Layne!

message 47: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments Ok Ms world-traveler, cookie-lover Melinda -

I pick: Muscle Memory Muscle Memory by Stylo Fantome

You had quite a few I've read on your list but none were 5 stars for me, so I went with one I WANT to read instead. This one intrigues me and cant wait to hear what you think.

message 48: by T. (new)

T. Rosado (trosado) | 336 comments Marissa wrote: "Hey Judy! My pick for you is Footsteps (Pagano Family, #1) by Susan Fanetti. If I see Susan Fanetti on a list, I’m always picking her. She’s ridiculously underrated and so unbelievably talented! I hope you enjoy it!"

I know what you'll be picking for me if you ever get my name, Marissa. 😜

message 49: by Marissa (new)

Marissa (marissadonofrio) | 169 comments T. wrote: "Marissa wrote: "Hey Judy! My pick for you is Footsteps (Pagano Family, #1) by Susan Fanetti. If I see Susan Fanetti on a list, I’m always picking her. She’s ridiculously underrated and so unbelievably talented! I ..."

Without a doubt!! You know how much I love her!!

message 50: by T. (last edited Sep 04, 2019 03:14PM) (new)

T. Rosado (trosado) | 336 comments Tessa wrote: "I'm in. :)"

I think I'm going to need to apologize before I pick your book, because I haven't read one single book on your PFM shelf or do I ever or often read PNR or fantasy. Well, except for when it includes time travel and that's why I'm picking Beyond the Highland Mist (Highlander, #1) by Karen Marie Moning . I've borrowed this ebook twice from my library and never got to it. Maybe I'll read it this month, too.

« previous 1 3