The Procrastinators Book Club discussion

The Diviners (The Diviners, #1)
This topic is about The Diviners
★Buddy/Group Read Retirement★ > The Diviners (September 2019) Group Read Discussion

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aless, Discord Procrastinator (last edited Aug 31, 2019 12:44PM) (new)

Aless (alesstheintrovert) | 533 comments Mod
This is the thread for The Diviners!

This thread is open for discussion beginning September 1st! Please keep in mind that spoilers are allowed (mark as a spoiler) in this thread but only up to the group's current reading place. Do not spoil the book if you've read further than the group. Any extra days can be used to catch up if needed!

The Group Read Discussion schedule is as follows:

Week of 9/1
September 1: Chapters 1-6
September 2: Chapters 7-12
September 3: Chapters 13-18
September 4: Chapters 19-24
September 5: Chapters 25-30
September 6: Chapters 31-36
September 7: Chapters 37-42

Week of 9/8
September 8: Chapters 43-48
September 9: Chapters 49-54
September 10: Chapters 55-60
September 11: Chapters 61-65 + epilogue

Laura ☾ | 1000 comments I really loved the Gemma Doyle trilogy so hoping this is as good :D

Isabella (isabella32324) | 21 comments I can tell that the author did a lot of research to make this historically accurate especially with the slang.

Laura ☾ | 1000 comments Oh yeah! Have you read athe Gemma Doyle trilogy? That’s in a completely different setting but equally well researched!

Isabella (isabella32324) | 21 comments No, i haven't but i'll add it to my list

Laura ☾ | 1000 comments How are you getting on with this? I'm a bit behind schedule but really liking this so far!

Isabella (isabella32324) | 21 comments I already read the whole thing cause i got so into it I couldn't put it down.

Laura ☾ | 1000 comments I'm done too now! What did you think?

Isabella (isabella32324) | 21 comments Alright well i really like the creepiness of it all but I felt there was a bit too many side plots going on at once which got quite troublesome and weren't completed yet so until I read the other books I'm just confused. Also I don't like Jericho and Evy's relationships cause bear the end it seems like she is just using him when he really likes her a lot and cares about her. I love the vibe of the 20's in the book though and overall rather enjoyed reading it

✭ emilee ✭ (kimseokjin) i finished the book yesterday and i'm not as impressed/didn't like it as much as i thought i would. i really thought it would be 5 stars for me, especially because i love libba's other series (gemma doyle). (view spoiler)

Isabella (isabella32324) | 21 comments i agree with you. I didn't like Evie and how selfish she was.