Our Shared Shelf discussion

Announcements > Yusra Mardini answers your questions (Videos!)

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jo, Our Shared Shelf Moderator (last edited Aug 30, 2019 01:56PM) (new)

Jo (jo_9) | 373 comments Mod
Hi everyone,
We are very pleased to bring you 6 videos of 'Butterfly' author Yusra Mardini answering your questions!
You can view these videos either in the Goodreads /OSS video section here:
https://www.goodreads.com/group/17958... (scroll to the bottom)
OR..
via the playlist created on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...

A big thank you to Yusra Mardini for doing this for us! <3

Thank you all,
The OSS Mods

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Wonderful! Thank you so much! ☺️

message 3: by Cathrine (new)

Cathrine | 12 comments This was great and I'm happy she took the time to answer some questions. But I'm wondering why there are several clips instead of one full video? Jumpcuts wouldn't be a bother for the viewer in this instance (Q&A) and it's easy to combine all the clips into one video by using a free editing software.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Ha... Euh... Yes, the 6 video clips were a bit surprising. I thought they were super long but it was 2-3 min each. Personally, it did not bother me, I suppose the author was on the rush and she was looking at the questions or maybe to some guidelines she wrote to answer questions. It could explain why she cut the videos, you know, to not have a few "blank" time out.
Anyway, she took time to answer members' questions so that is quite nice.

message 5: by Oscar (new)

Oscar | 21 comments I'm really flattered she answered my question! Especially happy with the fact that she intends to write more. Great answers overall.

message 6: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 2 comments Thanks for answering my question, Yusra. Best wishes for you.

Thanks to OSS for organizing these videos.

message 7: by Colleen E (new)

Colleen E (colleenchi-girlakacolleensnapped) | 40 comments The book arrives to my ex’s and haven’t had a chance to pick up. But I’m very grateful and can’t wait to read it.

message 8: by Pam (new)

Pam | 1071 comments Mod
Very lovely! A heartfelt thank you to Mardini for answering our questions and to the mods for arranging this with her.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks you for your answers, you really are a strong woman, I admire you so much, and I'm really happy you survived all of that and gives us a beautiful and deep message full of hope for the futur!

Even if I'm really scared about what happened recently with the Turkish republic, I'm sad many more refugees will come to Europe and try to reach England which is actually saying "No" to immigration with the "Brexit".

I love you so much !! I hope you will succeed to win the Gold in 2020 !

message 10: by Cami (new)

Cami Castle | 12 comments Is this book club over?

message 11: by Katrin (new)

Katrin Bielski | 8 comments same question here. No Nov or Dez book yet...

message 12: by Nathalie (new)

Nathalie | 16 comments Oh, so is Emma probably going to write the next announcement. Thank you Meelie