The Reading Cat discussion

What we are reading > What are you and your cat planning to read in September?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (traceyrb) | 54 comments Mod
September is almost upon us and all I can say is what happened to Summer, that went fast.
Thankfully whatever the season good books are always waiting to be read.
My cat Romeo will have the pleasure of reading the following this month:

Silence by Shūsaku Endō

Sculptor's Daughter: A Childhood Memoir by Tove Jansson

Pan's Labyrinth: The Labyrinth of the Faun by Guillermo del Toro

Palace Walk by Naguib Mahfouz

The Last September by Elizabeth Bowen

Plus a few contemporary novels here and there. That should keep him purring.

What are you and your kitty hoping to read as back to school begins?

A well read cat is a happy cat.

message 2: by Rosemarie (new)

Rosemarie | 16 comments I hope to read Elizabeth and Her German Garden and The War of the Worlds for the second time.

For contemporary novels, I hope to read Life After Life and The Colony of Unrequited Dreams. My husband and I are going on a two week holiday to the east coast of Canada in a week, so Minou will be left in the good hands of Barbara Ann, who visits her an hour every day.
The second book is for the train trip back from Halifax to Toronto.

message 3: by Tracey (last edited Aug 30, 2019 04:12PM) (new)

Rosemarie wrote: "I hope to read Elizabeth and Her German Garden and The War of the Worlds for the second time.

For contemporary novels, I hope to read Life After Life and..."

I loved both the contemporary novels you have chosen. I think you’ll like them.
I read Elizabeth and her Garden recently and found Elizabeth to be delightful.
Hope you enjoy your lovely trip.

message 4: by Rosemarie (new)

Rosemarie | 16 comments Thanks, Tracey!

message 5: by Tania (last edited Aug 31, 2019 11:15AM) (new)

Tania | 3 comments I too loved Elizabeth and her German Garden. A gardener after my own heart, She leaves Dandelions and Daisies in her lawn, I always think a lawn with no weeds in it is really boring, I had all sorts in my lawn, including Forget-me-nots, Bugle, and Ladies Smock. Who doesn't enjoy flowers in the lawn? Killjoys.

message 6: by Deborah (new)

Deborah (deborahkliegl) Rosemarie wrote: "I hope to read Elizabeth and Her German Garden and The War of the Worlds for the second time.

For contemporary novels, I hope to read Life After Life and..."

I loved Elizabeth and her garden

message 7: by Deborah (new)

Deborah (deborahkliegl) Madison and I are terrible. We read multiple books and pick up something from the pile fairly arbitrarily. So no real plans other than reading

message 8: by Tracey (new)

Tania wrote: "I too loved Elizabeth and her German Garden. A gardener after my own heart, She leaves Dandelions and Daisies in her lawn, I always think a lawn with no weeds in it is really boring, I had all sort..."

Oh I so agree. When I was at university there were tiny blue flowers growing in the lawn on one part of the campus and I hated it every time they mowed it. Such a shame, they were beautiful. The memory of sitting on the grass with those flowers remains with me.

message 9: by Tracey (new)

Deborah wrote: "Madison and I are terrible. We read multiple books and pick up something from the pile fairly arbitrarily. So no real plans other than reading"

That sounds a good plan to me 🙂

message 10: by Joseph (last edited Apr 28, 2020 10:00AM) (new)

message 11: by Joseph (new)

Joseph (jsaltal) | 10 comments I am currently still reading Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat.