A Stitcher's Book Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Hex

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eden (new)

Eden | 677 comments Mod
This is the thread where we will discuss Hex, one of our book picks for this round!

Please hide all spoilers! This is done by clicking the "some html is ok". Follow instructions for hiding spoilers! This is done through the site, not the app :)

message 2: by Bonnie (last edited Aug 31, 2019 09:04AM) (new)

Bonnie (purplebookishfrog) | 363 comments Mod
Oooh this is going to be creepy and amazing. I’m thinking about keeping this one for October for the Halloween Reading Challenge as well. Hex by Thomas Olde Heuvelt

Who else is going to read this as well?

message 3: by Christine (new)

Christine Doiron I’m planning to read this one. Have it checked out from the library.

message 4: by Eden (new)

Eden | 677 comments Mod
Christine wrote: "I’m planning to read this one. Have it checked out from the library."

I just got it on my Kindle to read on a trip I'm leaving on tomorrow! I actually have all three of our group reads ready to go!

message 5: by Eden (new)

Eden | 677 comments Mod
Bonnie wrote: "Oooh this is going to be creepy and amazing. I’m thinking about keeping this one for October for the Halloween Reading Challenge as well. Hex by Thomas Olde Heuvelt

Who else is going to read this as..."

You can always start it and really take your time! As long as you finish in October it counts for that challenge :)

message 6: by Bonnie (new)

Eden wrote: "Bonnie wrote: "Oooh this is going to be creepy and amazing. I’m thinking about keeping this one for October for the Halloween Reading Challenge as well. Hex by Thomas Olde Heuvelt

Who else is going ..."

Oooh that’s a good idea. After I finish Death by Coffee I’ll start it. Enjoy your trip.

message 7: by Bonnie (new)

Starting the book now. Feeling anxious. Hubby is away tonight so it’s just me and the kids so feeling a bit freaked out already and it’s not even passed page two 😂

Memphistigergal | 166 comments Ok. So when I first got into this book, I was thinking that it wasn't creepy at all. A dead witch pops up anywhere in town and the town people just throw a cloth on her head and eat dinner. But, as the book progressed, it definitely became darker. I really felt like the most evil characters were the humans. I dont want to get too far into it because of spoilers. It was a book I had to keep reading because I needed to know what happened. Overall, a very good Halloween read.

One drawback... this author was seemingly obsessed with breasts and nipples. If it wasnt talking about actual ones, he was comparing things to them. Just seemed odd and made me roll my eyes - lol

message 9: by Christine (new)

Christine Doiron Finally reading this. Obviously this is going to go into October for me but 40 pages in and I’m loving it! Creepy and different.

message 10: by Christine (new)

Christine Doiron Ok I’m loving this. Yes MemphisTigerGal is right. There are an awful lot of boobs and nipples. Yikes. And so far the humans might be worse than the monster.

message 11: by Bonnie (new)

Can you believe I still haven’t picked this up? I read about 2 pages and then got distracted with library books.

message 12: by Eden (new)

Eden | 677 comments Mod
FINALLY got my copy on Overdrive!!!!

message 13: by Bonnie (new)

I wish I could read two books and stitch at the same time!

message 14: by Eden (new)

Eden | 677 comments Mod
Alright...I just finished The Daughters of Tenperance Hobbs and I’m on to this one!

message 15: by Eden (new)

Eden | 677 comments Mod
I'm on Chapter 4, and I gotta say I only have a sorta kinda grasp on what is going on. I'm confused….and so far I'm not sure that I like the writing style.....

Anybody else feel that way when going through it??

message 16: by Bonnie (new)

The book was translated from Dutch to English so that might account for the odd writing style. I
Find translated books difficult to read too. Not had much opportunity to read the past few weeks so I’ve yet to get to the end of chapter one. I’m going to read the whole book during the week of Halloween. If all goes according to plan.

message 17: by Eden (new)

Eden | 677 comments Mod
Alright....I've finished it......

I gave it 2 stars.

I really thought I was going to love it, but a little over halfway through it, I started to kinda hate some things about it. I'm super disappointed.

The review with spoilers but hidden ones, is going to be up on my profile soon!

message 18: by Bonnie (new)

Aww Eden, I’m sorry you didn’t like it. I couldn’t even get it started. Still half way through my buddy pick: It ain’t me babe.

message 19: by Christine (new)

Christine Doiron I read this and enjoyed it. I was hoping for a very different ending but I still really enjoyed it. Finally finished it today.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.