What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

A Mind To Kill
This topic is about A Mind To Kill
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Horror story about demonic possession, revenge and murder [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anna (new)

Anna | 4 comments I read this book around 2004 or 2005. It was a paperback and the cover had lots of blue.

Plot: Happily married woman with child. One day, in full view of everyone, hacks husband to death. Turns out, she is possessed by the vengeful spirit of her husband's first wife. There is a court case where it is proven that the wife indeed was possessed. An exorcism is conducted and it appears as if the ex-wife's spirit has been put to rest. In the last chapter we discover that the ex-wife's spirit is very much around and plans on killing the ex-wife, her child and all her friends.

The main theme of the book is possession, as in, the spirit of the ex-wife posses the protagonist. The exorcism itself is a very small part of the book. I have tried allreader to find the story by plot line, couldn't get anywhere with that either.

A part of the book consists of dialogue between the ex-wife's spirit and the protagonist as well as the latter's attempt to trick the spirit.

Cannot remember either the name of the book or the author's name. The only name i remember is Andrea, that could be either a character name or the author's name - am not really sure.

Please help!

message 2: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 57 comments A Mind to Kill
1998 by Andrea Hart

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-Kill-And...

message 3: by Anna (new)

Anna | 4 comments Michelle, you are positively brilliant! Thank you thank you thank you!

message 4: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 57 comments :)

message 5: by Anna (new)

Anna | 4 comments Am curious... how did you manage to find the book?

message 6: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 57 comments Google, but I forget what the lucky combo was. Sometimes it helps to type in book review and then a phrase that reviewers are likely to type. I think that's how I got the Amazon page.

message 7: by Anna (new)

Anna | 4 comments Ah! Something that never occurred to me. Thanks again Michelle, this was a book I have been looking for the longest time. :)

message 8: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 57 comments Glad to help!

:)