Short Story Contests discussion

Weekly Contests > Week (Aug 31 - Sep 5) Done

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Arthur, Live a little Give a lot (new)

Arthur | 554 comments Mod
Instructions:

Please do not use a story previously used on goodreads. After the week's contest, you are welcome to put it on your profile writings, but please refrain from using stories you have already put on there.

You have until Saturday afternoon to post a story on here. Please post it directly onto this topic, rather than posting a link. Also, please do not discuss stories on here. You must go to Weekly Short Story Contest Discussion for that. This will avoid any clutter and confusion, so that people can simply come on here and read the story, without having to read comments on the story.

This week's Topic is Slaughter. If anyone has any objections to this topic, please go to the Objections post. The rules are pretty loose. You could write about pretty much anything. Just have the word in the story.

Weekly stories must be at least 500 words long to 2,500 words long. (if the whole story won't fit in one post, divide it into two)

Good luck!

Arthur [acting for Clare:]

P.S. PLEASE say if you would like to have your story on Short Story Galore, if you win. This way it wouldn't take me ages to get your consent afterwards. This includes adding a link to your stories. If you want to have your story on the Short Story Galore, but not the link, just say so.

message 2: by Clare D' Lune (new)

Clare D' Lune Hmm no one seems to have written this week. :( guess we're all busy with start school again... hmm who thinks we should leave this topic up? or do you all want a new topic?

message 3: by xAnissax (new)

xAnissax (sizzling1973) | 14 comments Erm...I'm not against the topic it just doesnt spark any interest in me.

message 4: by Arthur, Live a little Give a lot (new)

Arthur | 554 comments Mod
new topic because we can reuse this topic later

message 5: by xAnissax (new)

xAnissax (sizzling1973) | 14 comments School starts Tuesday for me :/

message 6: by Clare D' Lune (new)

Clare D' Lune ok we'll change it tomorrow, and reuse this topic lata...

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

ugh, I can barely even get my homework done. I've got swim team practice until 6. and I hate it. I'm always so stressed now.

message 8: by Clare D' Lune (new)

Clare D' Lune ak i hear ya

message 9: by Amber (new)

Amber (iceapple95) | 41 comments gosh that's kinda late joel but isn't it like an hour or what? also give me the book tom. if you would plz; guess what i'm watching 10 things.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Amber wrote: "gosh that's kinda late joel but isn't it like an hour or what? also give me the book tom. if you would plz; guess what i'm watching 10 things."

its actually an hour and forty five minutes. so ha.

message 11: by Amber (new)

Amber (iceapple95) | 41 comments wow really nice. omg i'm so tired

message 12: by Amber (new)

Amber (iceapple95) | 41 comments wow what a nice person you are jess, i did!

message 13: by Amber (new)

Amber (iceapple95) | 41 comments and i believe i was talking to joelle. also thanks for saying hi to michael joelle. hahaha

message 14: by Amber (new)

Amber (iceapple95) | 41 comments Your welcome! And actually they were weird but I don't even know what they are anymore! Don't ya just hate that.

message 15: by Amber (new)

Amber (iceapple95) | 41 comments That's what i mean! And it seems so important that you remember but you can't! it sucks!

message 16: by Amber (new)

Amber (iceapple95) | 41 comments Yeah that sounds fun.

message 17: by Amber (new)

Amber (iceapple95) | 41 comments Yeah, it's much harder when you actually get down to it.

message 18: by Amber (new)

Amber (iceapple95) | 41 comments Sweet!

message 19: by Amber (new)

Amber (iceapple95) | 41 comments wow that week went great, the new topic is not as exciting as i wished but ah well!