Stephen King Fans discussion

Night Shift
This topic is about Night Shift

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie, Constant Reader (new) - rated it 5 stars

Angie | 2535 comments Mod
Discuss story here!

Betsy Boo (betsyboo) | 195 comments I LOVED this one! When I was a kid I was a big fan of the Alfred Hitchcock Mystery Magazine and this story would've fit right in.

message 3: by Tek (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tek | 93 comments Agreed. It definitely had a Hitchcock feel to it. I love the end, when the main character gets a little vengeance.

message 4: by Angie, Constant Reader (new) - rated it 5 stars

Has anyone seen Cat's Eye? I guess this is in that film?

I though this one was good. I love how in mobster ends up being the one out on the balcony. Great twist!

message 5: by Chris , The Hardcase (new) - rated it 4 stars

Chris  (haughtc) | 1095 comments Mod
I've seen Cat's Eye, but it has been years and years...this was in there, and "Quitters, Inc." too, right?

Rachel | 701 comments This was also in TNT's Nightmares and Dreamscapes, i think. This story freaks me out, maybe because i'm scared of heights and easily get vertigo.

Betsy Boo (betsyboo) | 195 comments Rob wrote: "This is one of those stories where you really feel like you're there on the ledge while reading it. Great descriptions by King....making the story feel so realistic. Especially that damn pigeon!"

Oh yeah...my ankle was hurting when I read this one.

BTW, Rob...everytime I try to go to your GR page my computer freezes up. (I just wanted to look at your books and see what you recommend.) I don't know what the problem is. Have you had any problems with people trying to see your page?

message 8: by Angie, Constant Reader (last edited Sep 03, 2009 11:48AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

His page loads fine to me? It could be this BIG bat on his page. Someone else had problems with that bat!

Betsy Boo (betsyboo) | 195 comments "Bat"?

Betsy Boo (betsyboo) | 195 comments I don't know if it was the bat or not but I'm not having trouble looking at your page anymore, Rob! Sorry you had to get rid of it but I do like your taste in books!

message 11: by Angie, Constant Reader (new) - rated it 5 stars

HA the cursed bat!

LinBee I listened to the book on cd, and the wind whistling through the speakers in the story really made me feel like I was up there with him. Pigeons are evil...

message 13: by Anna (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anna | 64 comments Loved this story and the revenge the character gets in the end :)

Cameron Ashworth I had a real sense of dread while reading this imagining me on that ledge.

message 15: by Dan (new) - added it

Dan (dan2345) | 169 comments Man, it's been a while since I read Night Shift. I'll have to read it again soon. LOL

Chris (bibliophile85) | 83 comments This was a great story, it really got to me in a "creeping horror" sort of way. I'm severely acrophobic and felt queasy just reading some of the descriptions. LOVED the little spin on the ending as well. Sorry to say the acting from the Cat's Eye segment almost ruined it for me however lol :)

message 17: by Squire (last edited Mar 21, 2013 06:38AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Squire (srboone) | 11 comments One of my favorite King shorts. Probably have read it more times than any other King short story.