Short Stories & Collections > Battleground-NS

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie, Constant Reader (new) - rated it 5 stars

Angie | 2597 comments Mod
Discuss story here!

message 2: by Angie, Constant Reader (new) - rated it 5 stars

This was my least favorite story in the collection. I kept thinking it reminded me of a story in Nightmares and Dreamscapes but what it really is, is that the series on TNT Nightmares and Dreamscapes featured this story. Anyone remember that?

Kandice | 4142 comments I do, Angie, and I have never really liked it either.

Betsy Boo (betsyboo) | 195 comments I kind of liked it. I love how the guy thinks he's gonna win 'cause after-all, they're just toys. You can almost hear him thinking, "This is not happening" as the toys continue to get the jump on him. And I really like the way it ended. BTW, I bought that "TNT Nightmares and Dreamscapes". I thought they did a really good job with the stories.

message 5: by Chris , The Hardcase (new) - rated it 4 stars

Chris  (haughtc) | 1117 comments Mod
I kept picturing the sequence from the TNT series while reading this. In truth, I felt that the story moved too quickly, while the TV version staged it more slowly, building the weirdness of the situation more.

message 6: by Rachel (last edited Sep 02, 2009 10:13AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rachel | 701 comments I also thought of the TNT miniseries when i read this story. Not my favorite, but a fun concept. I think a couple stories in that miniseries were taken from other collections.

message 7: by Michael (new)

Michael Roberts (michaelroberts) It's like evil Toy Story! Could you imagine seeing this in Pixar animation?

Betsy Boo (betsyboo) | 195 comments Yeah...and who didn't think of this story when they saw that movie "Small Soldiers"?

Rachel | 701 comments I totally thought of the toy soldiers in Toy Story when i read this.

message 10: by Anna (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anna | 64 comments This did make me think of the toy soliders in Toy Story! not one of my favorites that I've read so far but still good.

alicia grant (shesha34) I did not care for this one very much.I guess soldier toys are not my cup of tea.

Scott | 401 comments This story reminded me of "Prey" by Richard Matheson. I read it in high school at some point.

I also remember seeing the TNT N&D show. I wish they would reshow those again. I missed some of them.

message 13: by Angie, Constant Reader (new) - rated it 5 stars

I wish TNT would re-air the show too!

Cameron Ashworth I actually own the DVD set of "Nightmares & Dreamscapes it's available here in the UK.

message 15: by Angie, Constant Reader (new) - rated it 5 stars

I am going to have to look around for it... it would be really great if it was on Netflix! But it's probably not :(

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 609 comments You can get the N&D DVD set at Walmart for about $15, maybe less, it's in the rack with the TV show sets. Or used could be good, I got mine used at BuyBacks for like $4 :)

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 609 comments I liked this story, though I have to agree with the thinking that they were toys, I wouldn't have thought I'd be defeated by them eitherlol.

Matthew Behling (MattyKB) | 109 comments Angie, just bought the series at WalMart for 12 bucks.

message 19: by Angie, Constant Reader (new) - rated it 5 stars

Matthew wrote: "Angie, just bought the series at WalMart for 12 bucks."

I am going to look this weekend!