What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED: Czar Nicholas and Rasputin in modern times [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Misty (new)

Misty | 26 comments This novel was set in the 80's or 90's, but it was the story of Nicholas, his wife, their hemophiliac son, their "spiritual leader," and many other political players. In the novel, the president of the US took the place of Nicholas, etc. The president becomes too dependent on his spiritual counsel for help with his son and later political affairs. People close to the president decide to get rid of him, but he is incredibly hard to kill. They shoot him, poison him, and try to drown him, but in the end he dies from hypothermia. I can't for the life of me remember the name of this novel.

message 2: by Wayne Baxter (new)

Wayne Baxter | 33 comments ooo I hope someone finds this one, it sounds fun

message 3: by Misty (new)

Misty | 26 comments I got a message that someone had replied and got all happy thinking someone knew! LOL. Actually, the funny thing is that I didn't enjoy the book all that much. It was before I read the story of Nicholas and Rasputin, and I thought it was way too far fetched!

message 4: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 57 comments Capital Crimes
Lawrence Sanders

http://www.enotes.com/capital-crimes-...

The plot is easily outlined. The president of the United States falls prey to a self-proclaimed messiah who seemingly possesses the capability to heal the chief executive’s hemophiliac son while proclaiming to all and sundry that, “there is no sin, no guilt,” for all are created in God’s image and thus are incapable of error. Such a clear incitement to licentious behavior in a presidential intimate is political dynamite, but when Brother Kristos begins to influence the president’s legislative agenda and political appointments as well, catastrophe seems inevitable. In consequence, three men close to the administration resolve to terminate Brother Kristos with “extreme prejudice.”

message 5: by Misty (new)

Misty | 26 comments That's it! Fabulous. Thank you so much.