What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Science Fiction - Musical aliens, they could communicate to each other through singing, and I believe that's how they contacted their people. Read around early 1990's.

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Misty (new)

Misty | 26 comments Man, this is bugging me! :-) I believe I read this book in the early 90's. The book was about several aliens who were on earth - I believe they crash landed (not sure about that part). They could communicate to each other through singing, and I believe that's how they contacted their people. People on Earth found out that they were aliens, and at the end they were rushing to leave the planet before they were captured and studied.

message 2: by Mir (new)

Mir | 704 comments Was it pretty light? Could be something by Alan Dean Foster...

message 3: by Misty (new)

Misty | 26 comments Thanks for the suggestion. I looked through all of Foster's books, and I don't think it was one of his. Good suggestion though! He's written a ton.

Yea, it's not a very big or deep book. I think at the end when they were trying to get off the planet, there were quite a few humans trying to help them. I seem to remember one of the aliens riding on top of a car singing at one point.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38242 comments Mod
Misty, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl wrote: "Misty, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.

message 6: by Misty (new)

Misty | 26 comments You can certainly move it. I am still looking for the book, but I don’t think anyone knows it!

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Oh, if you're still looking, we won't abandon the thread. You should bump it every few months to get new members looking at it.

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

This thread is nearly 12 years old, so it would be nice if it could get solved. That could be a record.

message 9: by Misty (new)

Misty | 26 comments LOL! that would be pretty cool! :)

message 10: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34449 comments Mod
Misty, is this book for kids, teens or adults?

How else are the aliens different from the humans on Earth? Are they all adults?

message 11: by Misty (new)

Misty | 26 comments Good question. I believe it was for adults and the aliens were adults. Of course, I was pretty young when I read it, but I’m pretty sure they were adults.

message 12: by Misty (new)

Misty | 26 comments Oh, also, I think they looked similar to humans and could communicate with humans, but they could communicate with each other through music.

message 13: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34449 comments Mod
Aliens Crashed in My Back Yard by Mike Van Horn turned up while searching, but the publication date is too recent (2019).

message 14: by Misty (new)

Misty | 26 comments Interesting! Yes, it’s too new, but that’s pretty cool to find another book with aliens that communicate through singing.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Aliens Crashed in My Back Yard (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Mike Van Horn (other topics)