TV We've Just Watched discussion

Cancelled/Series Ended > Army Wives

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Does anyone watch this show? I couldn't find a thread on here for it. Its by no means my favorite show, just something I watch because its like and somewhat interesting.

message 2: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I forgot the whole reason I started this thread.....
Treavor as a recruiter? Really? I didn't think he'd go for that, I thought he'd want to stay an active solider. I don't get it.

message 3: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie I have been watching this show since the beginning. Ya I dont get Trevor being a recruiter either. The only thing I can think of is he knew how much it would mean to Roxy for him to stick around.

message 4: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments True.
What do you think is going to happen with CHase?

message 5: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I think Chase will be OK.
Yeah, I'm with you on Trevor the recruiter. I don't see what Joan saw, apparently. I'm annoyed with Joan anyway, for not taking the promotion, I understand her reasons but I still think they suck.
And what's Claudia Joy's big drama over being a diabetic? I have family members who are diabetic and they cope very well with it. Claudia acting like an ass, like disease is an embarrassment.
Sometimes I really like these women and other times they annoy the hell outta me, LOL

message 6: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I agree about Claudia Joy who by the way I desperately want someone to call her CJ. Don't know why, I just think it would drive her nuts. I don't understand why she is so upset about the diabites either but I don't have it so.....I suppose she is worried about collapsing in front of some VIPs or something.

message 7: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I hate her name too, Claudia Joy, pick one, but not both, it sounds so stupid, they don't go together.

message 8: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments It was only recently that I realized their daughter is Emma-Lyn and not Evelyn like I thought it was.

message 9: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments At least Amanda had a real name, and then they killed her. That pissed me off.

message 10: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I guess the needed a death to get more audience or show they had some teeth.

message 11: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I've missed a few episodes. I'm watching the current episode now which is a BS episode with them in the 40's. Last episode I saw prior to this was when Pamela was standing outside her hubby's room in some super-secret area about to find out what is wrong with him. What is wrong with him?!

message 12: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments ok....this is a sad episode despite it being not the usual characters.

message 13: by Jackie (last edited Sep 21, 2009 09:05AM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I didn't think I'd like it but it turned out to be pretty good. I didn't know I liked music from the 40s, LOL
It was really sad. The Army men in this show always come home safely which isn't the case in real life.

Chase got hurt on a missions, he told Pamela it was a helicopter accident but later she saw burns on him. He was tortured. He still insists it was a helicopter accident. So in the preview when she yells What else are you lying about?, that's what she's referring to, she KNOWS he's lying about the helicopter 'accident' and he knows she know it.

message 14: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I love that sort of big-band swing music of the 40's! I just wish I could swing dance not and the husband who'd be interested in doing that.

Thanks for filling me in. I was wondering what Pamela's comment was regarding in the preview

message 15: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments New Season of Army Wives starts on Lifetime Channel on Sunday March 6th at 10PM Eastern. Check local listings for your Time Zone.

message 16: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments My DVR has it for 9PM. Can't wait for this to air.

message 17: by Kuki (new)

Kuki (goodreadscomkuki) | 163 comments Jackie, are you still watching Army Wives?

message 18: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Yes, it's one of my favorite shows.

message 19: by Kuki (new)

Kuki (goodreadscomkuki) | 163 comments I also like this show so I am glad you are still watching it. I know it only has what two show left. So what do you think about Denise giving Claudia Joy her kidney?

message 20: by Jackie (last edited May 20, 2012 11:19PM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I think it awesome for Denise to want to do it. Before watching this ep, I was worried that Denise would die. I know it looks like CJ might die but I'm not worried about her. I think she'll be fine. What I want to know is how do they get a whole kidney out through an incision the size of a keyhole? I wish they elaborated more about the surgery itself, how it's done.

What do you think of Audrey?

There's 10 more episodes to this final season. It comes back in June, I think.

message 21: by Kuki (new)

Kuki (goodreadscomkuki) | 163 comments My sister donated her kidney to my aunt 5 yrs ago. It is amazing. I don't think they will let CJ die. I do not trust Audrey I think she is just out for herself and her husb and would run you under the bus if she had to.
I did see that it has more episodes to come and it does start back up in June.
What do you think about Roxy being preg with twins. Do you think she will be able to carry them? Do you think David's dad is going to try to get him back?

message 22: by Jackie (last edited May 24, 2012 08:31AM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Transplantation is amazing. My cousin works in a transplant unit in the hospital he works at; he tells me such awesome inspiring stories.

Since it's the final season, I think anyone can die. Not saying Claudia Joy will, just that it can happen easier this season than any other.
And we've had some messed up losses on this show. I'm still not over Amanda.

I detest Audrey, what a manipulating lying bitch. The Holdens have to distance themselves from that pair quickly.
The only thing I like about it is having Kim Delaney and Susan Lucci working together after all these years. KD got her start on AMC, I used to watch it back then.

I wasn't worried about Roxy having a single baby, but now I am worried. After the last time. I think she needs to chill out and stop doing so much. Let Gloria run the bar for now.
And what will twins do for their finances? I know that's an awful thing to say, but the fact is they're kinda struggling now as it is.

I don't like Marcus, he's shady. I understand Joan's feelings. He's already having a negative affect on David. We are products of our parent's influence. I think Marcus wants to get David back but I think he'll do something stupid and wind up back in prison. But then again...final season, no one is safe.

message 23: by Kuki (new)

Kuki (goodreadscomkuki) | 163 comments Hey Jackie,
What did you think of last weeks show, with Denise and CJ held by that guy?(view spoiler)

What about David hiding the fact that he is seeing Marcus?

message 24: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I thought it was crazy! I didn't like it though, it's kinda pointless compared to the rest of the storylines. Maybe Denise will get PTSD? Then it'd be relevant to the show, as so many GIs come home with it.

Not cool about David and Marcus, but mostly Marcus because he's an adult and knows better. I don't trust him, I think he's slimy and up to no good. Poor David, what child wouldn't want to know his bio-father? I'm worried that Marcus will put David at risk. If he cared about David, he'd have tried to get along with Joan and Roland, not antagonize them. I feel that was his plan, so they would throw him out so he can 'be forced' to see David on the sneak. Joan and Roland are awesome parents. They're gonna freak out when they find out.

message 25: by Holli (new)

Holli Lifetime has renewed Army Wives for Season 7, the network announced on Friday — not two weeks after the drama’s sixth season came to a close. Which Wives will return, though, is at this moment up in the air.

“Army Wives is a very special program,” Lifetime EVP Rob Sharenow said in touting the pick-up. “It’s rare to find a series that connects with viewers and resonates so powerfully after six straight seasons, and we couldn’t be prouder to have it return to Lifetime next year.”

Season 7′s 13 episodes will air sometime in 2013.

The ultimate fate of the series seemed in limbo throughout Season 6, though Lifetime consistently and firmly maintained that the Sept. 9 episode was but a season finale. That said, exactly who from the series cast will return for Season 7 has not been detailed, and is not expected to be announced until closer to the start of production. Instead, the renewal press release conspicuously states, “The series’ sixth season starred Kim Delaney, Sally Pressman…,” etcetera. [Our emphasis added.]

UPDATE: Our sister site Deadline confirms that only Catherine Bell and Kelli Williams currently have deals for Season 7, while Kim Delaney is not likely to return.

message 26: by Jackie (last edited Oct 24, 2012 09:30PM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Never got a notification on this!
I was so worried about not getting renewed. They way they left us hanging in the finale with renewal iffy was stressful! And I could have know about this a month ago! lol

Kim Delaney was barely in Season 6, I don't care if she comes back or not. It doesn't look like Sally Pressman will return either, since Roxy and Trevor packed up and moved, even after he request to deploy with his unit and was denied.
Catherine Bell as Denise is my favorite character. Kelli Williams took a little getting used to but now I like her. I hope Roland stays, he's another favorite of mine.

message 27: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Season 7 will premiere on March 10th

message 28: by Kuki (new)

Kuki (goodreadscomkuki) | 163 comments Jackie, Thank you, I was wondering when it was coming back on. Are all the women going to be on it.

message 29: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I don't know, I haven't seen anything about it.
I don't think Claudia Joy or Roxy will be on, but that's just my guess.

message 30: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Anyone watching the new season?
Is it me or does anyone else think Michael is moving way too fast for a man who just lost a beloved wive of 20+ years? I have no problem with him developing a friendship that eventually turns into something else, but it's very clear he is interested in her as more than a friend. Denise has noticed it too in the last episode, I hope she says something to him tonight.

message 31: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I guess this is old new but I didn't know about it: Lifetime cancelled AW and will have a 2 hour retrospective sometime in 2014.